15-16 ******* best fuel mileage option

NateF350

Reaction score
I have a 15 that's been weight reduced for 8 months and I'm just not happy with the fuel mileage I'm getting. The lie o meter said I was getting 11.5-12 before with a 35" ish tire and now it says I'm getting 13. I have 52k on it so I would think it be well on its way to breaking in. I had an 11' setup the same way and I could get 15 in it as long as I was running it a lot. It was *&* tuned

I'm running S****** now and tried all the tunes and nothing seamed to help improve it. What are you guys seeing for fuel mileage and who's time seams best. Dads picking up a 16' next week and I know it won't be long before its weight reduced. He's not concerned with power at all, just best fuel mileage he can get so I'm also shopping for a tuner for him

mfoltz

Reaction score
The best I have got was 17 to 18 with the 450 tune. At least I think it was the 450 tune. I switch to the 600 and didn't like the mpg and went back to the 450 bit I'm only getting 15 now. I might try the 500 next.

Jomax

Reaction score
You won't get the 20mpg people say on FB... they're FOS.

I get 13 in the city. 15-16 hwy. I run it fairly hard. I don't drive at or below the speed limit like some do just to get a hair better MPG.

I'm running GH, so I'm a bit different. But honestly, I haven't seen a jump in MPG tuned vs stock..

Also, I run in the race tune 24/7 365. Even towing 15k. Haven't tried a slower tune to see a bit better MPG. I'll take power over MPG any day.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NateF350

Reaction score
I don't expect 20+ mpg and I'm not to worried about power anymore. I don't baby mine ether but it be nice to get back to 15 around town, if I reset it on long highway trips I get a solid 17-18 out of it if I keep it at 70 but for some reason I just can't get my around town to go up any. I haven't ran the warhammerX yet, maybe I'll see an improvement there. Anybody running the GDP tunes wanna chime in on mpg, might have dad go the route with an ezlynk

CATDiezel

Reaction score
You won't get the 20mpg people say on FB... they're FOS.

I get 13 in the city. 15-16 hwy. I run it fairly hard. I don't drive at or below the speed limit like some do just to get a hair better MPG.

I'm running GH, so I'm a bit different. But honestly, I haven't seen a jump in MPG tuned vs stock..

Also, I run in the race tune 24/7 365. Even towing 15k. Haven't tried a slower tune to see a bit better MPG. I'll take power over MPG any day.

Dead on. I tried to baby mine for a few weeks. Not worth the extra 1 mpg to barely squeeze out an 18. My name is NOT Dave Whitmer.... (for those that remember)

Profuzz

Reaction score
These trucks are not made for fuel ⛽️ economy made to work

1800bigk

Reaction score
You can get 20.x with warhammer hwy only and going 65 mph max and no cargo. I drive Cleveland to Columbus often and get that all the time. That's based on the dash not hand calc. I get 16.x for all other driving even driving like animal still stays around 16. I'm weight lossed/ intake / streetmax r turbo.

sootie

Reaction score
You can get 20.x with warhammer hwy only and going 65 mph max and no cargo. I drive Cleveland to Columbus often and get that all the time. That's based on the dash not hand calc. I get 16.x for all other driving even driving like animal still stays around 16. I'm weight lossed/ intake / streetmax r turbo.

what year is your truck

drservo

Reaction score
I don't expect 20+ mpg and I'm not to worried about power anymore. I don't baby mine ether but it be nice to get back to 15 around town, if I reset it on long highway trips I get a solid 17-18 out of it if I keep it at 70 but for some reason I just can't get my around town to go up any. I haven't ran the warhammerX yet, maybe I'll see an improvement there. Anybody running the GDP tunes wanna chime in on mpg, might have dad go the route with an ezlynk

I've ran Inno, Spar, & Gerhed on mine and MPG sucks all around 11 in town,16
Hwy, 8-9 towing. Like others said I don't baby mine and didn't buy it for fuel economy.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I have a 15 that's been weight reduced for 8 months and I'm just not happy with the fuel mileage I'm getting. The lie o meter said I was getting 11.5-12 before with a 35" ish tire and now it says I'm getting 13. I have 52k on it so I would think it be well on its way to breaking in. I had an 11' setup the same way and I could get 15 in it as long as I was running it a lot. It was *&* tuned

I'm running S****** now and tried all the tunes and nothing seamed to help improve it. What are you guys seeing for fuel mileage and who's time seams best. Dads picking up a 16' next week and I know it won't be long before its weight reduced. He's not concerned with power at all, just best fuel mileage he can get so I'm also shopping for a tuner for him

give me a call if you haven't before , and i'll do what i can to help you get into possibly better mileage with the s p a r t a n .

NateF350

Reaction score
give me a call if you haven't before , and i'll do what i can to help you get into possibly better mileage with the s p a r t a n .

Thanks, I ordered all my stuff from No limit but I talked to Jeremy. I'll give you a call this week. Thank you

Latest posts

Members online