15+ Engine Brake

redneck1

Reaction score
Does anyone know if ghead or p!p is doing exhaust brakes? Really want a s partan, but I guess they don't have it yet. I tow a fair amount and would like it. Any info is greatly appreciated. If s partan is coming out with it, I'll wait!

DMDP

Reaction score
I've talked to 2 different tuners, both said they can make it work if I leave the egr on and working. Once I get some extra cash, I'll be giving it a try

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
we have it fully functioning in the tow tune only . w/ or w/o egr .

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
We can easily build you a custom file that will have it functioning, but it will be "locked on" all the time in the file, as it currently has to be tuned into the base tables. Just like the others mentioned, it can't currently be turned on and off with the switch.

In other words, you'd need to reflash to turn it back off. We are still working on alterations to the control logic to get the switch functioning properly like stock.

redneck1

Reaction score
We can easily build you a custom file that will have it functioning, but it will be "locked on" all the time in the file, as it currently has to be tuned into the base tables. Just like the others mentioned, it can't currently be turned on and off with the switch.

In other words, you'd need to reflash to turn it back off. We are still working on alterations to the control logic to get the switch functioning properly like stock.

Cool, so does that put it on just that tune, I'm assuming?

jwanck11

Reaction score
I have Alberta Speed and it works perfectly. I also have P i P and have reasonable braking, though not as strong as AS.

jwanck11

Reaction score
Dunno, but yep - only on the tow tune.

I always run the tow tune, cause I am always towing and tbh, I dont need or miss more speed than I already have.

Mike07270

Reaction score
We have it working on all levels of v8 pip tunes, just have to use tow haul button and it will have exhaust braking. When you hit exhaust brake button it actually turns it off. It's been so long since I've driven a stock truck to compare to how it works vs tuned. Towed 5000 lb boat and it worked close to as good as our Duramax.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online