155/Stock or 175/Stock?

FATHERFORD

Reaction score
I know this is somewhat beating a dead horse, but I've been reading forever and just can not decide.

I have an injector giving up the ghost on my 200k mile truck and I just want to replace all 8. Rev-x did miracles, but it will still act up every now and then. I'm afraid when "winter" hits here in Houston the injectors will really show their ugly head again.

I don't want to hot rod this truck, just want a good DD and tow pig to pull a travel trailer or my race cars. I know I want stock nozzle, I just don't know if it is worth it to go 175 over the 155's? My 03 turbo was just freshened with a billet wheel, seals, unison ring, and balanced(should have just bought a stage 1 MTW). I do not ever plan to add an aftermarket fuel system.

I plan on going with warrens, and if the price is right I'll be lazy and have PSE put the injectors in.

Mods are in my sig.

edit: Don't have a sig here... here is what I have..

03 F-250 Lariat FX4
MTW 03 turbo billet wheel
PHP FICM Atlas 40
GearHead SRL
Strokers Unlimited Coated Up-pipes
3.5" dowpipe/4" exhaust
AFE Stage 2 Pro Dry CAI
6.4 Banjo
Blue Spring
EGR Delete
Edge CS
Coolant by-pass filter
Oil by-pass filter

Mixedbreed

Reaction score
Personally I would do 155/00 for a truck that you care little about numbers and a lot about usefulness with a stock turbo. 175/00 would work too but the 155's would be a stock ish injector with a slight bump in power.

A friend of mine and I were discussing this two days ago. He went with 155's just because he didn't want to really have to upgrade anything else and he tows a lot.

I know tunes help and you can get 395/250's to tow if you have enough air but sometime less is more when your going down the road on vacation.

Good luck with the decision!

BlueOx

Reaction score
I know this is somewhat beating a dead horse, but I've been reading forever and just can not decide.

I have an injector giving up the ghost on my 200k mile truck and I just want to replace all 8. Rev-x did miracles, but it will still act up every now and then. I'm afraid when "winter" hits here in Houston the injectors will really show their ugly head again.

I don't want to hot rod this truck, just want a good DD and tow pig to pull a travel trailer or my race cars. I know I want stock nozzle, I just don't know if it is worth it to go 175 over the 155's? My 03 turbo was just freshened with a billet wheel, seals, unison ring, and balanced(should have just bought a stage 1 MTW). I do not ever plan to add an aftermarket fuel system.

I plan on going with warrens, and if the price is right I'll be lazy and have PSE put the injectors in.

Mods are in my sig.

edit: Don't have a sig here... here is what I have..

03 F-250 Lariat FX4
MTW 03 turbo billet wheel
PHP FICM Atlas 40
GearHead SRL
Strokers Unlimited Coated Up-pipes
3.5" dowpipe/4" exhaust
AFE Stage 2 Pro Dry CAI
6.4 Banjo
Blue Spring
EGR Delete
Edge CS
Coolant by-pass filter
Oil by-pass filter

If your interested in getting a quote to have the injectors done at PSE PM me and let me know. I can get ya a quote worked up real quick. As far as the injector size, I'd say go with the 155s and maybe just go a little bit larger on the nozzle size.

Sent from the wild blue yonder....

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Keep the stock nozzle, plenty of power to be made, even thats not what your after. Id go 175 with the stock nozzle.

FATHERFORD

Reaction score
After talking to a few folks, it looks like I'm going to go 155/00 from warren and install them myself.

2wd-fire

Reaction score
i would get the 175cc/stock i had them they drive just like stock with more grunt down low really liked them. but i like my 205/100s more

Latest posts

Members online