18 degree differences wtf?

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
The best route to go is the remote cooler set ups but they are expensive.

I think mine got clogged because they flushed my cooling system after they put the new cooler on. Probably going to be putting a new oil cooler in come spring

swinky

Reaction score
The best route to go is the remote cooler set ups but they are expensive.

I think mine got clogged because they flushed my cooling system after they put the new cooler on. Probably going to be putting a new oil cooler in come spring

Lol nothing like using a new oil cooler as a filter.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

swinky

Reaction score
I'm buying the delta kit from Absolute soon. I'll post here about how it works.

Snake

Reaction score
Right, if I have a clogged cooler that easily, as do you most likely, this thing is a massive hunk of chit no doubt. I don't have time for this malarkey. 15k and a clogged cooler? International can get ***ked as far as the six leaker goes. I'm not pulling that bish. ***k it I'll drive it.

Edit

Btw, thank you for the input snake, I do appreciate it even if I come off sounding like an azz hole, vodka on Christmas Eve will do that

LOL

No worries! I've said far worse about my OEM oil cooler

Last edited:

Snake

Reaction score
I hope it's not getting that high. The highest the sct is picking up is 225

I hope I'm wrong, but your symptoms sound exactly like mine did. First time I figured it out I was pulling a small, empty enclosed trailer at 50 mph. No issues until I had to stop at traffic lights, and my EOT would pass 250* while I was sitting there. The truck acted like had a bunch of bad injectors when I'd drive off, but no codes. The symptoms went away after a few miles and my truck never acted differently any other time.

It probably wouldn't hurt to throw a different gauge / monitor on and see if this is what's happening.

swinky

Reaction score
I have to turn the the key off to reset it and it runs fine. I've been having a p2278 icp sensor circuit intermittent code lately. I'm goin to drive it today with the sensor unplugged and if it drives like it does when I'm having my issue its solved:thumbup:

Thanks for the help and merry Christmas.

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
And how much is a OEM tsat cost??? Not that it could be the issue but it's TONS cheaper to swap out and see the result. Hey could just be me.....

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
My reply was to the OP. He stated "My coolant is around 184, but my oil is spiking up to 198-198 on the highway." Without any idea about the OAT, this might be acceptable. IF OAT in RI is low right now it could just be the way the temps will run.

GreenMachine

Reaction score
My reply was to the OP. He stated "My coolant is around 184, but my oil is spiking up to 198-198 on the highway." Without any idea about the OAT, this might be acceptable. IF OAT in RI is low right now it could just be the way the temps will run.

Temps here are fluctuating between 20-50 degrees or so. The last few days I've noticed the issue I would say it's been on average of 40. Thermostat could be an option if you guys think that my oil is at a normal level, and just that my coolant isn't warming up enough to match.

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
It's not that the coolant isn't warming up. It is just flowing along the path of least resistance. This means it's running thru the radiator while flowing thru the rest of the flow path. The tstat is what will "raise" the ECT temp since it cuts out the flow path to the radiator.

I'm not saying this is the source of your issue but it sure is a LOT easier to swap out. You may want to test the new tstat before you install it as well. Just drop it in a pan of water, place it on the stove, turn on the heat and watch the magic.

GreenMachine

Reaction score
Haven't read any responses, but it's 20 OAT and I'm running 80 on the highway unloaded. I'm holding a consistent 16 delta. 182 and 198

Snake

Reaction score
Haven't read any responses, but it's 20 OAT and I'm running 80 on the highway unloaded. I'm holding a consistent 16 delta. 182 and 198

I'd also recommend replacing the thermostat. I'm seeing 195-200* ECT's at those speeds.

GreenMachine

Reaction score
I will do that this weekend. Any recommendations on a special the soya or just a run of the mill unit?

GreenMachine

Reaction score
Stupid autocorrect on my phone keeps messing up my posts.

Thanks snake. I'll head over and pick one up.

MN6.0guy

Reaction score
Interested to see if this helps for you. I'm running identical temperatures in my '03 6.0 right now. Let us know how it works for you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.