1953 F250 Powerstroke RatRod

Skill_Kills

Reaction score
My buddy also found an f600 that he wants the drivetrain out of so I might grab the front clip and stuff off of that since its straighter and the fenders might actually fit over these tires. Right now my tires are holding it up a little too far

Skill_Kills

Reaction score
Radiator came today, looks like I have a lot of work to do the next couple weeks! I need to replace my Tcase in my 02. Swapping the ESOF out for manual since my truck is about as indecisive going into 4wd as a woman is on what/where she wants to eat

7.3obs

Reaction score
Radiator came today, looks like I have a lot of work to do the next couple weeks! I need to replace my Tcase in my 02. Swapping the ESOF out for manual since my truck is about as indecisive going into 4wd as a woman is on what/where she wants to eat

LOL LOL

Sweet build though. Will definelty be watching this!!

Skill_Kills

Reaction score
FINALLY got to work on it a bit tonight. Got the running boards on mocked up the tanks and got the exhaust all done except some clamps and hangers. Also mounted the intercooler and piping, and set the new radiator in

20141130_222226_zpscbfcc41a.jpg

20141130_222252_zps5539f449.jpg

20141130_222151_zpsdb02d2cd.jpg

Skill_Kills

Reaction score
Also I'm kind of stumped on my visor, its made for a truck with a split windshield and the center braces just clamp onto the divider. obviously i dont have one of those so im thinking i might be able to turn them 90* and maybe get them to clamp on the drip rail on top of the windshield. Anyone have other ideas? heres a pic
20141130_214058_zps38850822.jpg

7.3obs

Reaction score
Are those kegs for the fuel tanks? And that is coming together NICE!!! And that s468 looks awesome!!

7.3obs

Reaction score
Yeah they're old stainless kegs, the kind that had wooden plugs in the side. 15gals each

Very nice touch. Makes me want to build one. The custom work is awesome but running a 7.3 with the turbo and injector combination. That things going to be even more of a :jawdrop:

Skill_Kills

Reaction score
Yeah its the full Irate s468 kit straight from the site. got it last year on black friday along with the injectors and the fuel setup. MANY thanks to Jake from Irate on this build.

Next step is making a mount for the front clip/radiator and intercooler and also a battery box behind the cab. Those will probably be this weekend. Also picked up an AC compressor to grease up for onboard air. In the back of my mind im still wondering how the hell im going to put an air filter on this thing! haha been playing with the idea of mounting a tank behind the drivers running board where the stock fuel tank was and using it for water/meth and using the stock filler tube for that too

Last edited:

Strokin572

Reaction score
Yeah its the full Irate s468 kit straight from the site. got it last year on black friday along with the injectors and the fuel setup. MANY thanks to Jake from Irate on this build.

Next step is making a mount for the front clip/radiator and intercooler and also a battery box behind the cab. Those will probably be this weekend. Also picked up an AC compressor to grease up for onboard air. In the back of my mind im still wondering how the hell im going to put an air filter on this thing! haha been playing with the idea of mounting a tank behind the drivers running board where the stock fuel tank was and using it for water/meth and using the stock filler tube for that too
That idea for the water/meth would be awesome!

Skill_Kills

Reaction score
Just after i was thinking i was gonna get back to work on this thing, my 02 puked out all 4 gals of oil last night. theres oil coming from the tailpipe and plenty around where the turbo connects to the spider... and a steady stream comin down the right side of the block. havent torn into it yet but i can already tell this project is on hold for a bit.
On a good note, I still have the turbo from the e99 and plenty of other stock parts and stuff.

Skill_Kills

Reaction score
Not much for updates right now but "soon" it should be done. a while back i replaced the turbo in my 02 and did up pipes and a new starter. when i put the starter in i managed to punch a hole in the oil pan so that's the current task. should be done with that this weekend so after that I just need to make a mount for the intercooler and radiator, a battery box between the stacks, and then its wiring and plumbing. wiring should be plug and play for the most part. plumbing could be considered done once i put the lower rad hose on and hook up the trans cooler lines

Skill_Kills

Reaction score
Got my title in the mail last week and got plates a month or so ago. OFFICIALLY it is mine now :jammin:
Finally got some time to work on it tonight. Mostly just got the core support mocked up. It isnt pretty but itll be plenty solid once its fully welded.

We made one bracket for each side to support the front clip, intercooler, and hold the top of the radiator. Not my prettiest work, but its functional. needs to wait until everythings in place and then ill take the clip off and weld it nicer and brace it a little more
20150725_2346191_zps7qujkcav.jpg

20150725_2346101_zpsslsaxkv7.jpg

It's set up to be able to slide the radiator out easily if needed. if more serious work is called for its only 2 bolts there and 6 more towards the rear and the whole front clip comes off and shes pretty much naked.:thumbsup:

Currently sits like this:
20150725_2336091_zpsinhbhlok.jpg

Tomorrow, IF im lucky, I'll get the battery box done and switch to some stainless wire and work on the tanks

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
lookin great!! its a ratrod though, its supposed to look like hell and put together all funky. thats the art in it.

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online