• 1) What are you selling?

2) What is its condition?

3) Where are you located?

4) What is your asking price?

5) Pictures/videos?

6) At least 3 days between bumping your own ad.

7) No more than 5 ads per individual at once.

8) No commercial sales.

9) You must post when the item sells and state that it is SOLD. Do not report the post or PM moderators to remove your post once it is sold.

10) No feeler ads.

11) No firearms or firearm accessories.

1980 Bronco. 390 4spd.

Fordcowboy

Reaction score
This Bronco is kind of a joint ownership deal with my grandpa and I. It has bounced back and forth between the two of us and neither of us really use it anymore so he is wanting to try and sell it.

It is a 1980, 4X4, 4spd manual, with a 390 swapped into it. It was originally a State vehicle and was solid orange with a 6cyl. My grandpa bought it in '83, and shortly after threw some white paint on it to break up the orange, swapped in the 390 and changed out the seats. It was used mainly as a 4X4 for snow, hunting etc. and occasionally for towing before we had diesels.

I am not exact on the block that was used for the 390 when it was built, but it has had all of the emissions equipment added onto it to make it like a late '70's motor. It has been registered in and out of counties requiring emissions, and does pass, however it has not needed emissions for the past several years so I can't guarantee that it will right now, but it should. The motor has 40k-50k miles on it since it was built and put in, and runs great with plenty of power. The rest of the vehicle has 14X,XXX miles on it, and everything works well.

The body, paint and interior are not perfect, but in good shape for a 32 year old vehicle with a 25+ year old semi restoration. There are some scratches, nicks, dings, aged paint, body work and touch up paint done by my grandpa who doesn't have the best attention to detail anymore, and some signs of wear on the interior. I say all of this to be honest, but when you look at it and compare it to similar vehicles, everything really is in pretty good shape. Nothing would need attention upon purchasing it, but there are dings that you could fix if you wanted, and body work that isn't dead smooth with paint that doesn't match perfectly. On the interior there is one tear in the drivers arm rest that you can see in one of the pictures, and aged interior panels, but no cracks or anything bad at all.

My grandpa has spent quite a bit of time on it recently, checking everything out, making sure everything is in working order, and doing a few bits of body work that he felt were necessary. As I mentioned before I don't think anything needs attention. If I were to keep it the only things I can think of that I would want to do to it would be to lift it a bit, it seems like it sits a bit low, especially in the rear. I would probably end up going over it and touching up some of the spots he recently did some body work to, just to make it look a little smoother and match the paint better, and the other small scratches here and there. (these are small spots, like very bottom of one rear quarter that had rust repair years ago and the bondo had cracked, and a small dent in the drivers door that was popped out and filled.) That is all just me being particular though. It's not really a show vehicle so that stuff may not matter much at all. For a toy vehicle, weekend four wheeling type of thing it is perfect, or even daily driver if you don't mind 9mpg.

Any questions let me know, or any additional pictures. I am in the Denver area and the Bronco is at my grandpa's house in the mountains, so if it is anything I need to be at the vehicle for it may not be immediate. If anyone is out of state and wants to have some one check it out for them, that's fine, and we may even be able to find another member on here close enough that would be willing to do it.

He is asking $6,500, but if you want to make an offer throw it out there, and I can run it by him. Just thought I would see if any body on here was interested before I put it on Craigslist or something. There will probably be at least some additional parts that come with it. I don't know what, but he would probably run through his shop and anything related to it would go with it.

Some of the pictures are before being cleaned up a bit, or before a couple coats of wax, or after. etc.

20121104_140156.jpg

20121104_140122.jpg

20121104_113552.jpg

20121104_113604.jpg

20121104_113529.jpg

20121104_113719.jpg

20121104_113652.jpg

20121104_113637.jpg

20121104_113615.jpg

20121104_113759.jpg

Latest posts

Members online