1999 f350 7.3

99f350

Reaction score
hi guys i would love your help about a couple things.

-My water in fuel light will not go away, changed filter, its always on does not go off at all (is it a sensor?) where is it located?

-my truck when im driving its loud, the pipe is cut right after the muffler(round piece) it ends at the end of the cab. also when i let go of the gas it feels like the fuel is hesitating.

-my back fender lights both sides dont come on ( not the bulbs)

-also my oil filler tube the gasket is leaking, can i order just the gasket?

thank you guys so much in advance.

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
water in fuel light- drain the damn fuel-water sep.

Truck is loud- the pipe is cut under the cab, so no kidding its loud as hell. Not to mention, the ebpv makes it louder. Probably explains the "hesitation" also. probably partly the TC too.

Arisley

Reaction score
The sensor is in the fuel bowl, there is an electrical connection there.

I bet the exhaust is cut off right after the Catilytic Converter, the muffler would be further back. Get a 4" exhaust from a vendor. If you want to keep the cat, get a cat back kit, if you don't, get either a downpipe back kit or a turbo back kit.

Tons of things can be giving the hesitation, need more information.

Last edited:

Marty

Reaction score
Only e99 have cats. I don't think there are cat back exhausts for 7.3 super duty's.....

Arisley

Reaction score
Probably right. Thought I remember seeing some though. If you wanted to keep the cat a DP back would be able to be modified to work though.

Sent from my truck while eating, adjusting the radio and passing a Mustang sideways.

99f350

Reaction score
ok so i fixed the loudness of the muffler its ok now just needed a pipe!

-but the hesitation it starts from 37mph til i slow down to 30mph. maybe thats normal i guess? maybe its just trying to slow down? does anyone does that? and the water in the fuel is not just a drain... ITS ALWAYS ON NO MATTER WHAT I DO TO RESET IT....

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
So you've drained the fuel water sep you are saying?

Lang

Reaction score
Google how to drain water separator on a 7.3... There is a lever on the backside of your fuel bowl... There is a tube on the front of the engine it drains out of... Get 3/8th ID tubing, slide over it and put it in a container or it'll be all over the front of your truck

Latest posts

Members online