1st pull with 6870 Precision

50_shooter

Reaction score
Ok, so finally got to hook with the new turbo.

https://youtu.be/P78ykv6mwVU

Ended up second place behind a mean Megacab Dodge.

I had a hell of a squalling noise right after I pulled though. Sounded like they do when fuel filters are plugged, only louder. Drove it home, drove fine. Started it this morning, it did it for a short period of time, then came out of it.

I wonder if the stock low pressure pump is at its limit at this power level? I wonder if the cp3 is pulling more fuel than LP pump can supply and it messes it up?

What do you think?

50_shooter

Reaction score
It was a street legal class. Plates, insurance, chains and no weights. They didn't care about anything under the hood. Could've ran nitrous if I had it! Most of the trucks were pretty stout. A couple were strictly pullers with plates slapped on them, trailered in and out. The guy that beat me wins about every time he pulls. He has over 800 HP.

50_shooter

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out how to get more speed. I think my best option is to have Morgan turn up rpms, but I don't know what this stock valvetrain will take. I had plenty of power for another couple MPH, which would help a bunch.

It sucks when it's bouncing off rev limiter and doesn't feel like it's working that hard until the sled hits. Makes you wonder what you could do if you could use everything you got...

50_shooter

Reaction score
Stock size, but they are toyo mts. So they are a little bit bigger than stock. I run 4hi first. It's the only way I can keep it in the same gear. If I run 4low it will shift, even in manual mode.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
good hook man! sounded good.. i am not sure but i dont think the converter locks in first does it? or do you have a tune that tells it to? or is that even a possibility?

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

50_shooter

Reaction score
good hook man! sounded good.. i am not sure but i dont think the converter locks in first does it? or do you have a tune that tells it to? or is that even a possibility?

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

It felt locked, but I don't know for sure. I meant to look at that and forgot about it when I was pulling. I know the trans tune I run was specifically made for me to pull with by Morgan at Midwest. It's called "pull" lol