2 blowouts in 1 night

03 tx pwr stroke

Reaction score
Had both front tires blowout within 3 hrs of each other last Friday night. Beat the sh!t out of both fenders, bent the bumper brackets, ripped out the wires for ABS, ripped out the vacuum line for the hubs, and shredded both inner fenders. :cursing::wtf::mad::fustrate:

Attachments

• blowout1.jpg
    blowout1.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 162
  • blowout1a.jpg
    blowout1a.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 158
  • blowout1b.jpg
    blowout1b.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 170
  • blowout2.jpg
    blowout2.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 155

sootie

Reaction score
that is a fear of mine. hence the reason i pay more for brand name tires_its cheaper in the long run.

AirFishAutomotive

Reaction score
The no name brand tires are all made by the big companies. It usually comes down to ply. But I feel your pain we blow a lot of tires on our trailers due to the company next door leaving screws and nails on the road. With that being said for 16's we use bf's 17's firestone 19.5's michilen trailers carisle. None of which are super expensive but have had good luck with those. And there all a/t

Lassie

Reaction score
Had both front tires blowout within 3 hrs of each other last Friday night. Beat the sh!t out of both fenders, bent the bumper brackets, ripped out the wires for ABS, ripped out the vacuum line for the hubs, and shredded both inner fenders. :cursing::wtf::mad::fustrate:

Guess that means she's wearing pretty evenly at least

old man dave

Reaction score
The no name brand tires are all made by the big companies. It usually comes down to ply. But I feel your pain we blow a lot of tires on our trailers due to the company next door leaving screws and nails on the road. With that being said for 16's we use bf's 17's firestone 19.5's michilen trailers carisle. None of which are super expensive but have had good luck with those. And there all a/t

Which big Chinese companies you referring to?:toast:

bad12jr

Reaction score
that is a fear of mine. hence the reason i pay more for brand name tires_its cheaper in the long run.

I don't know if you can read that sidewall. But those are cooper discoverer s/t tires. Far from cheap no name tires.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

sootie

Reaction score
I don't know if you can read that sidewall. But those are cooper discoverer s/t tires. Far from cheap no name tires.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

doesnt change the fact that cooper is a second line import tire. and no, i dont feel like getting into a pissing contest about where the latest factories are for Michelin, BFG etc. Or how their pricing structures compare...

cooper is a big company........

Yup-sure is...

89 Stroker

Reaction score
maybe you really did hit something to blow the tires....be very odd but could be possible..iv blown two trailer tires in 1 day

BlueOx

Reaction score
Tread sep is what happened....over loading, over inflation, tire defects, tire age.....could all be causes.

Take a look at the middle of the tread. See how it's really bowed out? That tells me that the tires were way over inflated!

Sent from the wild blue yonder....

Betarocker

Reaction score
I had a Cooper Disco ST blow out. Pressure was always within spec, lots of even wear tread. Luckily no other damage besides the tire.

dmd

Reaction score
Blowouts on my trailer are the reason I now only run Bridgestone duravis or Michelin XPS ribs on the trailer. Trailer ST rated tires are rated at 65 mph MAX. I would routinely run 20 hours at a time well over that speed. Tire would separate and wear the tread out and blow in less than a trip. I could get maybe 18 months out of a tire.

Latest posts

Members online