2 quick questions

Strokin_4_Life

Reaction score
What kind of special fuel connectors do i need to delete my fuel cooler? And can the egr provision pipe be removed without dropping the trans?

Thanks!

jugger13

Reaction score
i was able to remove the egr pipe without dropping the tranny.

just had to unbolt the break master cylinder from the firewall, remove the cast aluminum U boost tube so i could get the driver side up pipe out thorough the hole made by moving those parts.

took the passenger side inner fender well off for access to the EGT probe and the manifold bolts.
then took out the erg up pipe through the same hole as the driver side.

took about 1.5-2hrs

clear as mud right lol

madman1234509

Reaction score
You can buy fittings from jegs and summit that adapt the metal fuel lines to an fittings for like regular hose.... I dont know exactly what they are called or if thats what you need.

fordman2121

Reaction score
When I deleted my cooler I installed an air dog and just cut off the fitting and put a flare on it and just clamped the return hose on.

fordman2121

Reaction score
Sorry forgot yesterday.
If you look close you'll see it seeping but its the hose not the clamp. When I did it we didnt have any bio hose and thought chemical hose would work and it has so far just the hose is wet from it just like the AD hose. We have bio hose now so next time it goes under the knife Ill be replaceing it all.

Attachments

• 20131027_175535.jpg
    20131027_175535.jpg
    666.4 KB · Views: 70

Strokin_4_Life

Reaction score
Perfect! Also are u monitering ur fuel temp? What is to hot? And will the truck go into a limp mode if to hot? Im running a spartan btw

fordman2121

Reaction score
Ive been running it like this for over a year. I do not monitor fuel temp the sensor is just sitting in the valley plugged in so it dosnt throw a code. I really want to make a block so I can have it to monitor. Ive felt the tank after long trips in the summer and it never gets above "warm". Ive actually got a heater in it so I can run bio later in the year(its got a valve to shut the heat off in the summer. Ive got the tank hotter with the heater on during the winter then it ever has been in the summer. Never had any problems running it this way either, but I don't tow with it much at all and I always fill at a 1/4 tank.

Latest posts

Members online