200,000k build help and suggestions?

jb03

Reaction score
Hey guys thanks for all your responses. Im not doing anything to the motor or tranny now just kinda planning stuff for when things start to break. I think im going to stay with a BTS tranny as ive heard about problems with ATS trannys and 7.3s. But if any of you just wanna talk about future stuff or like the truck talk feel free to pm me.

But other news, I ran up to steamboat for a week with a friend and as soon as a pulled into the driveway i noticed antifreeze leaking and dripping all over my axles. I was hoping it was just a hose that was loose or leaking. Took it to the dealership and its my water pump. 1100 to replace it. Gotta love being stranded on the mountain and them sticking it to me. Oh what a joy.

By the way I am located in Parker Colorado.

Last edited:

bruce

Reaction score
Hey guys thanks for all your responses. Im not doing anything to the motor or tranny now just kinda planning stuff for when things start to break. I think im going to stay with a BTS tranny as ive heard about problems with ATS trannys and 7.3s. But if any of you just wanna talk about future stuff or like the truck talk feel free to pm me.

But other news, I ran up to steamboat for a week with a friend and as soon as a pulled into the driveway i noticed antifreeze leaking and dripping all over my axles. I was hoping it was just a hose that was loose or leaking. Took it to the dealership and its my water pump. 1100 to replace it. Gotta love being stranded on the mountain and them sticking it to me. Oh what a joy.

By the way I am located in Parker Colorado.

Literally the easiest water pump ive ever changed, you got horse ***ed

jb03

Reaction score
I know. Not much I can do as I'm up here on vacation and don't have any tools or room to work on it. Sucks though but worse things could have happened.

littleredstroker

Reaction score
I know. Not much I can do as I'm up here on vacation and don't have any tools or room to work on it. Sucks though but worse things could have happened.

You could have called a cab, went to harbir freight , hell even auto zone, bought the tools you need, changed it and still been $ ahead...

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

jb03

Reaction score
Yea guys I know I got screwed but like I said I am on vacation and this weekend am hauling a boat down to lake pueblo so I had to get it done regardless. rpenner I am actually eventually leaning towards a bts...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.