2000-Harley headlight convo question.

JoeDaddy

Reaction score
My headlights and harrness will be here in the next couple days but I'm off today and am prepping to get everything done b4 TS.

Found these on PSN
hl1.jpg

hl2.jpg

hl3.jpg

Just wanted to know if this was a good template that I can trust or if anything has been updated since this was 1st posted.

Anything else I need to do now besides cutting and what size clips do I need?

99F250Smitty

Reaction score
I've done two trucks using that template Joe.

Should work good.

Little trick on getting the old lights out. Take a piece of wire hanger and hook through the little metal clips and pull straight up. It will make since when you look at the truck.

JAP

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
That's the template I used. Don't forget to cut out the circle in the last picture. :doh: LOL

JoeDaddy

Reaction score
I've done two trucks using that template Joe.

Should work good.

Little trick on getting the old lights out. Take a piece of wire hanger and hook through the little metal clips and pull straight up. It will make since when you look at the truck.

No Doubt! Wish I would'a seen your post b4 I started.... What a pita!

That's the template I used. Don't forget to cut out the circle in the last picture. :doh: LOL
Got'em. Used a combo of cordless router and sawzall, made a mess of my shop but she's cut.
Can't wait to get this thing done for TS. Got new wheels and tires coming too! :D

03 tx pwr stroke

Reaction score
Looking good man! Can't wait to order mine. I'm gonna do the header panel too though. Just don't trust myself cutting on it like that.

JoeDaddy

Reaction score
Looking good man! Can't wait to order mine. I'm gonna do the header panel too though. Just don't trust myself cutting on it like that.

Its WAY easy! Took just minutes holding my phone with those diagrams on the screen. Just mark and cut. Totally the best bang for the buck mod ever!

JAP

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score

If you do the header panel, you'll have to zip tip your 99-04 style grille because the retainer spots will be moved.

JoeDaddy

Reaction score

Latest posts

Members online