2002 7.3 oil loss!

619powerstroke

Reaction score
I recently had a no start issue, ended up icp was bad. just prior to this I had light white smoke and strong smell from exhaust (cat and muffler delete) . After I.changed icp smoke is slightly worse but no performance loss and honestly a smoother idle. 2 days later 6 quarts are missing. Filled it back up another 4 in 65 miles. I'm religious with 3500 mile oil changes and really look after her. Could this simply be injectors orings? Turbo and head are other things I've heard. Turbo is tight and very minimal oil in piping ( few cc's ) on drivers side. No visible oil leaks, icp was the only external leak I had (which did fill the valley fairly good. I really need help. Thank you!

Reaction score
Seth (co04cobra), told me he had a truck not too long ago do the same thing. I believe he said it was pushing the oil back to the tank. It turned out to be injector o-rings.

DinoB

Reaction score
Had the exact same thing on my '02. As everyone is saying it was my injector o rings. Lots of oil loss real quick! the good news is............you have an excuse for new injectors. At least that what I used to justify them.

PSD POWER007

Reaction score
Mine is doing the exact same thing. Massive oil loss, some smoking at start up, none once warm. No power loss or additional smoke when driving. You can smell burnt oil in the exhaust. Turbo checked out fine and the fuel is clean. Oil filler cap stays on the filler tube. I have been told valve stem seals or an internal injector issue, both of which would allow oil to be burned with the fuel.

bruce

Reaction score
Mine is doing the exact same thing. Massive oil loss, some smoking at start up, none once warm. No power loss or additional smoke when driving. You can smell burnt oil in the exhaust. Turbo checked out fine and the fuel is clean. Oil filler cap stays on the filler tube. I have been told valve stem seals or an internal injector issue, both of which would allow oil to be burned with the fuel.

Pull the injectors and check the o-rings

PSD POWER007

Reaction score
Pull the injectors and check the o-rings

If it were oring related, wouldn't i have oil in my fuel. Plus I have no change at all in my ICP and IPR values. Cold and hot starts are normal. Read about it possibly being an internal injector issue. Does that sound right? Oil getting mixed with fuel internally and injected into the cylinder and burned??

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
If it were oring related, wouldn't i have oil in my fuel. Plus I have no change at all in my ICP and IPR values. Cold and hot starts are normal. Read about it possibly being an internal injector issue. Does that sound right? Oil getting mixed with fuel internally and injected into the cylinder and burned??
Not necessarily will you get fuel in the oil. I didnt and my o rings were FUBAR'd... i would pull the injectors and inspect them to be sure
Maybe you should just check the orings since everyone has told you to do that so far.
You are the last person to be giving advice like that.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.