2002 Airbag Light

alradco

Reaction score
Recently my air bag light started staying on after start up. When I turn the truck on it flashes a few times, then remains lit. I tried searching but didn't come up with anything. Truck is 2002 7.3. I assume the flashes are a code that I need to look up? Only changes to the truck recently was new alternator. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

Peter

sagebel

Reaction score
Could be the clock spring. Pretty easy to replace. I am at work so I can't search you tube but I think there is a video on there. You basically unbolt the airbag from the steering wheel to get to it and then it is pretty straight forward from there. To unbolt the airbar you need to remove the two covers on the back of the wheel to access the bolts.

alradco

Reaction score
I'm going to count the flashes and see what I can dig up online. Thanks guys.

MoonShiner

Reaction score
airbag.gif

The passenger air page lamp over beside the power outlet should come on when you first start the truck. If the lamp is blown, the airbag light on the instrument panel will flash 2 times, then 7 times indicating that the lamp is faulty. It will repeat this sequence several times, then stay lit from then on until you turn the switch off. It will repeat this every time until you fix it. A new led from radio shack will work but you have to partially disassemble the switch to get to it. A soldering iron is about all you will need. The time consuming part is pulling the dash off.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.