2003 6.0L died at stop light

acf6

Reaction score
Kinda strange, was driving home from a friends last night in my 03 6.0 - 130k miles, had the music up and i was just coasting to a red light when i noticed my brakes and steering were gone and the truck wasnt rattling anymore. Engine died like i had hit a switch...gauges, lights, radio, etc were all still going. Just stopped, put it in park and it fired right back up strong as ever. Didnt throw any codes. The only thing i can think of that may have triggered something was coming up to the red light i have to go over a bridge and the expansion joints are pretty bumpy but its not that bad. Drove the same route twice today trying to get it to do it and nothin

Kinda strange...hopefully it was just a 1 time fluke but i'd prefer that not to happen again. Anyone else have something similar?

jdeeg4276

Reaction score
Maybe rattled your ficm wires enough that they came loose for a short second and died. Sounds like we all will be guessing on the topic.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

acf6

Reaction score
Died again today, just driving down a street around 30 mph. I just got out of a randomly dying throttle pedal issue for 3 months, would 100% die and i would have to restart my truck to get it to work again

Now, i have an 50% dying throttle pedal. If im driving along, the pedal will randomly drop out, but will keep working if i smash my foot to the floor. usually goes back to normal after a few hundred yards. Glow plug light also comes on when this happens. WTF?!

http://youtu.be/4edCbzTOWSU

GrantsGarage

Reaction score
just fixed this problem on a 2004, wire chaffing while the truck is running grab the main wiring harness that runs throughout the motor and give it a shake see if the truck dies, the truck i did the glow plug light would come on and the water in fuel light it would either die completley or have dead pedal and after a sec it would start working again,

acf6

Reaction score
having a new ford body harness put in, should have come in last thursday or friday...that should eliminate a lot of places to look for problems. hopefully i can drive this thing sometime in 2014

acf6

Reaction score
I thought i would update this, knocking on wood, i unplugged the EBP sensor (new ford sensor with a new connector in january) like 3 weeks ago and haven't had an issue since