2003 F350 Crew Cab door lock question

akfiremedic

Reaction score
So, does anyone know if the rear door locks can be programmed ? I don't mind the auto locks engaging once rolling but I'm starting to be annoyed that my nine year old has to bug me to unlock the rear door before she can hop out. I would like to program them so they unlock once parked. Also, is there a way to allow the interior handle to override the lock and allow the door to open?
TIA

akfiremedic

Reaction score
I knew I wasn't the only one. I searched this fairly well on here and the www but no luck. I hope some one chimes in.

akfiremedic

Reaction score
Turn off the child locks on the rear doors.

Yup. First place I searched was the owners manual. They're off. When engaged you can't open the door from the interior even if the door is unlocked ( keeps the little ones inside even if they disagree). When child locks are disengaged you can open the door from inside when it's unlocked. I was hoping to be able to program them to unlock when the truck goes into park or maybe there was a way for the interior door handle to override the lock.

Maybe I'll take a front door and rear door apart and examine the differences in the mechanics and see if there's an obvious change that would allow what I want.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Maybe I'll take a front door and rear door apart and examine the differences in the mechanics and see if there's an obvious change that would allow what I want.

This was going to be my suggestion and a project I was going to attempt once the weather got warmer. Might be able to take front door parts and put them on the rear.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.