2004 no start, no sync

jrex2506

Reaction score
I have a 2004 manual, was running fine, shut the truck off, the next day it wont start. The icp and ipr readings look good, batteries were charged, ficm reading was good but swapped it woth a good ficm as well.

I replaced the crank and cam semsors just to be sure. It will not sync on my scangauge. I tested the ohms on the wires, and i am getting a rpm reading while cranking. I actually pulled the harness off to check any chaffing issues, but even moving the harness around, i could still not get sync.

Im not sure what to check next. I do have an 05 that is also a manual, but not sure if i could swap the pcm just to see if that is the problem. Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-S134DL using Tapatalk

jrex2506

Reaction score
Also mention i pulled codes p0118 and p2285. Before i really attempted any i unplugged the icp and then tried cranking which didnt help.

bismic

Reaction score
There are TWO Syncs. ScangaugeII will retrieve BOTH PIDs (FICM Sync is separate from Cam/Crank Sync). If you need the programming for either one of those on the ScangaugeII, I can post it.

Are you not getting EITHER of those to Sync, or is it only one of them that you are missing?

Some people seem to think that if you have FICM Sync you MUST have cam/crank Sync, but that is not true. Many documented cases of having FICM Sync and not cam/crank Sync,

I can give you the ScanGaugeII programming for either one of those two PIDs.

P0118 is the coolant temperature sensor. IIRC it is a v-reference sensor. Unplug it and see if that changes anything.

P2285 may have been thrown when you tried starting with the ICP sensor unplugged.

Lastly, when you replaced the cam sensor, was there any rust on the block where the cam sensor rested against? If so, it doesn't take much to keep the sensor from working properly.

Last edited:

jrex2506

Reaction score
Im not sure which sync i have installed on my scan gauge. I just know it doesnt hit one. I swapped out ficms and that still didnt help. I didnt notice any rust or damage to the cam sensor when i replaced it.

If you dont mind posting or pm me both syncs for scangauge i could see which one is missing. I tried trouble shooting the wires and ended up pulling the harness off to check the cam wires for damage.

If its not the sensors or wiring, what else could cause a no sync? Just wierd ran fine, parked it and next day wouldnt start.

bismic

Reaction score
FICM SYNC​
TXD: 07E02209CD​
RXF: 0462050906CD​
RXD: 3601​
MTH: 000100010000​
NAM: FSN (0=no or 1=yes)​

bismic

Reaction score
Camshaft & Crankshaft in sync (1 = in sync, 0 = not in sync)​
TXD: 07E02209CD​
RXF: 0462050906CD​
RXD: 3701​
MTH: 000100010000​
NAM: SYC​

bismic

Reaction score
I see you logged on today. How about an update?

EDIT - Hmmmm ............ note to self.

Last edited:

jrex2506

Reaction score
The computer was bad. Ordered a new pcm and fixed the issue. It stopped the crank and cam from syncing

Latest posts

Members online