2006 6.0 67K miles

06redf250

Reaction score
did the ARP head studs, ford replaced EGR Cooler(with ford replacement), Got a good deal on a K&N cold air intake, MBRP turbo back exhaust, and got a Hypertech tuner.
run stock coolant, filters, tranny oil
delvac oil, and synthetic rear end oil
any suggestions on fluids, preventative fixes, upgrades, or anything else?

I heard that Cat coolant works better than Ford coolant, any experience on that?

smokedout250

Reaction score
Ditch the hyper tech. Go with an sct with custom tunes. Lots of great tuners they will make your truck run amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

06redf250

Reaction score
Ditch the hyper tech. Go with an sct with custom tunes. Lots of great tuners they will make your truck run amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that is what I hear, as soon as I get some funds, I'll get an SCT. oh, and nice truck!

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
Get rid of that k&n.... you will thank me later

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk 2

Mdub707

Reaction score
I second all of that, ditch the K&N, and ditch the hypermax. Stock air filter is awesome and supports the power level you're at. If you must put one on, go with a GOOD filter and try to stick with the dry one's. I like the AFE proguard 7 stuff. Honestly though, the stocker is hard to beat.

The hypermax is going to do more harm than good. I'd also look into a coolant filter ASAP, and gauges. Either a pod setup (might go with an SCT livewire TS, gauges all in one) or some stand alone stuff, I'd get at least EOT, ECT, EGT, fuel pressure.

HOOV3R

Reaction score
did the ARP head studs, ford replaced EGR Cooler(with ford replacement), Got a good deal on a K&N cold air intake, MBRP turbo back exhaust, and got a Hypertech tuner.
run stock coolant, filters, tranny oil
delvac oil, and synthetic rear end oil
any suggestions on fluids, preventative fixes, upgrades, or anything else?

I heard that Cat coolant works better than Ford coolant, any experience on that?

Some people like Cat coolant, and some don't. You will have to do a complete flush to switch to Cat ELC though. I run Cat, but I can get it alot cheaper than Ford.

Latest posts

Members online