2006 F350 airride options?

Sicksoh

Reaction score
Hey everyone I have been reading like crazy. I am trying to fnd a complete airride suspension for my 06 F350 SRW. I want the rear for sure but would love to have the front also. I have looked at kelderman, R4 tech, airbagit, and autoflex. My dad has autoflex and he likes the kit but I don't like how messy it is, lines and valves seem t be all out in the open. I haven't read a good thing about airbagit. Kelderman is very mixed reveiws. Is there anyone that can enlighten on these kits, or is there a setup I have not found yet by maybe a fabricator shop doing there own stuff? I want stock height with kneeling feature, and I tow a lot so towing capacity is a must. Thanks everyone.

Boomer

Reaction score
I know Complete Performance has a thread about a Firestone R4 install on their vendor page. Other than that, I'm of no use.

Sent from a smart phone by a dumb guy.

Zmann

Reaction score
I love the Kelderman but $$

Airbag it is interesting and local to Me

did u see bad reviews on them or " haven't read a good thing about airbagit"
dose that mean no reviews ?

Jake

Reaction score
I'm going to air ride my 00 this summer. One of my buddies has the kelderman and its a good kit, he has not had and problems with it and it handles correctly. All my valves are outside on my other truck. I'm in Texas and it won't hurt them. I wouldn't run them outside in salt country though. the only other one i can think of is the one on the ambulance at the local fd but i don't know who made it. I think its one of the big truck suspension mfg

Sicksoh

Reaction score
For the airbag it kits just what I've read on different forums about them. I hear people say they buy it but then have to rework most of the kit. As for the dollars not an issue if the system is going to work. I am leaning towards the kelderman to get the four corner air ride.

Lowdown89

Reaction score
I have been into mini trucks for a long time and Airbagit, and all the other names they have gone by is pretty much all junk... They wait until a new product comes out make a cheap copy and call it something so close to the original name its easily confused...

Strokersace

Reaction score
I'm going to air ride my 00 this summer. One of my buddies has the kelderman and its a good kit, he has not had and problems with it and it handles correctly. All my valves are outside on my other truck. I'm in Texas and it won't hurt them. I wouldn't run them outside in salt country though. the only other one i can think of is the one on the ambulance at the local fd but i don't know who made it. I think its one of the big truck suspension mfg

Do you have any pics of the setup on your other truck? Been wanting to build a full setup for my dually for some time now. Me2 did his 99, but that's the only pics I've seen. Even if I get a newer rig, I still want to bag it.

Sicksoh

Reaction score
I am definitely leaning towards the kelderman setup. They have been around for ever and I believe they would stand behind there product if there was something go wrong. I have sent a few emails off to them a kasey has gotten back to me within minutes. Customer service speaks worlds for a company.

Jake

Reaction score
I will snap a couple of the obs tonight. I needed to rework a bunch of it to change some handling characteristics, but its going back on leaf springs and getting sold. I gotta feed the bts fund

Jake

Reaction score
I need to find a set of 05+ dually axles for the 00 also so I can link and bag the front easier and get the bigger brakes and the Alcoa dual wheels.

Layson

Reaction score
I have been into mini trucks for a long time and Airbagit, and all the other names they have gone by is pretty much all junk... They wait until a new product comes out make a cheap copy and call it something so close to the original name its easily confused...

Ain't that the truth... LOL

I was looking into air ride setups long ago and after research I realized it wasn't for me. The rear setups I think are great but the front I am not a fan of anymore. You only have one ride height where your steering wheel is going to be straight. You let the air out and your steering wheel is going to rotate. They are not a setup to go offroad. I have heard numerous complaints of them not riding that great and difficult to drive down the road. Plus just the thought of having a front bag blow out or a leaky front mount, leaking air lines in general, just doesn't sound that great. I think their are even some lawsuits out there for front airbag setups failing... I also know of a couple guys who have or are trying to get rid of their airbag setup.

My friend has a dodge setup with the OUO coilovers up front and a fully bagged rear end. It is pretty dang bad ass. Tons of travel and lots of load capacity. Drives and steers like it is supposed to and can tow whatever he wants. If I were going to spend this kind of money on a kit I would fully explore the setup above before I pulled the trigger on a full air bag kit.

91turbogsx

Reaction score
I'm working on a '08 with a Kelderman 10-12" lift airbag setup and I'm not that impressed by it's ride quality. It's been on the truck for a few years now and is definitely a quality built kit. I've had to replace a few swaybar and link bushings and their customer service has always been great. But overall it rides no better than a stock truck IMO. Seems like it continues to slightly keep bouncing when hitting bumps. Even with dual Fox front shocks.

But I'm not really comparing apples to apples because I don't know how their stock height setup is. In regards to quality I'd say Kelderman is excellent. I have no experience with the other brands though.

Sicksoh

Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys I will look into the above stated coil overs and just the rear 4 link setup

Latest posts

Members online