2006 with lack of power at times

TurboM700

Reaction score
Been working on a 2006 6.0l with 106,000 miles on it. Bone stock except for an EGR delete. Customer complained that it would have lack of power at times. Took it for a test drive and had it once just drop power and turbo boost spike at 20 and stay there. Customer had already purchased a reman turbo and wanted that installed. During the install I noticed both Up-pipes where cracked and the bellows so those where replaced also.

Took it for a test drive for about 30 miles and everything seemed fine. He picked it up hooked on to his camper and went on his own test drive he said after about 10miles it started doing the same thing. No power and boost staying at 20 psi any time you are into the skinny pedal.

To me it seems like the computer is closing the vanes down on the turbo for some reason but I dont know why.

Could a EBP sensor be causing this?

Anyone have any ideas here?

Thanks in advance
Mike

TurboM700

Reaction score
Here is a video he just sent me. Anything more then 10% throttle the boost goes to 20psi and stays there no matter how much you push on the skinny pedal.

Another note is that its stuck doing this. It would usally snap out of it and then drive fine now its always doing it.

th_IMG_1869_zpsca368ae8.jpg

TurboM700

Reaction score
Does he have tunes for the egr delete?

No he does not but I have deleted well over 20 6.0l and have never had an issue before running them in a stock tune with it deleted.

I thought it would be a turbo also but this is a brand new turbo.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.