2008 6.4 Cranks But Won't Start

HokieStrokin

Reaction score
Hopefully someone will be able to help me figure out where to start. Driving home my truck died on me, almost like the key was turned off. I got it as far out of traffic as I could and when trying to restart it will crank but won't fire and the wrench light comes on. I had put about 25 gallons in the truck about 30 miles before this happened so I'm thinking it could possibly be a fuel issue. The only worry I have is that I didn't have any advanced warning like the water in fuel warnings. I'm hoping that the HPFP and HFCM aren't junked but I'm not sure where to start. It's currently sitting at a shop as I wasn't able to get it completely out of traffic and it needed towed. Thanks in advanced for the help.

Truck has 157,000 miles and the engine is stock (Never been Tuned).

webb06

Reaction score
Need to see what fuel pressure is reading when cranking. Must be above 5000psi to start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Did it lose power first? Could be something simple like a cam or crank sensor. Or the fuel pump cover gasket couldve grounded out.

HokieStrokin

Reaction score
Hopefully will be able to pull codes from it tomorrow. When I said that it was like the key was turned off I may have misspoke. The truck still had electrical power but the engine had stalled out. I'm hoping it's not the the fuel pump gasket grounding out because from my understanding that's a cab off job.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
When i said power i was speaking horsepower, not electrical. And hile the pump.cover is easier cab off it can be done cab on. Check fuse 74 in the battery junction box. If its not blown, its not the covr grounding out.

Latest posts

Members online