2008 F350 CCLB vibration thread?

hashim

Reaction score
I was reading up on here a few days ago about someone that posted what they thought was the problem with our trucks and the vibrations we encounter. I am trying to locate the thread but what they did was build a brace after the output shaft of the transmission, one brace upper and lower on the frame rail, then they also built another brace in the front to tie in the radius arms as well, does anyone know where I can find this thread? having problems locating it. I am looking into doing this, my truck is irritating to drive around 45-50 MPH, tires have been balanced and drive shafts are fine, pinion angles are ok as well.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Is your truck lifted at all? 99% of lift companies do not do the math correctly on the rear section of their lift, and even the slightest inconsistency can cause a minor vibration, even if the angles "seem" good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hashim

Reaction score
thank you guys for the replies! I appreciate it, Jared to answer your question yes my truck is lifted, but I bought my lift blocks from newton lift with the angle calculated for my lift. again, thank you guys for the links.

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
Well u have a CCLB so I'd assume u do, so if u taper the rear pinion angle u must lower the center carrier bearing to match the angle. The first shaft and 90* plain of pinion angle (shoot a laser out of pinion nut at 90* with flange) the two fields of plane should be perfectly parallel.

Rule of thumb is also the first shaft should not exceed 1-1/2* angle down to rear for no drive line vibrations

AllGo'N'Show

Reaction score
Haven't measured anything but as the above thread states really far in, this happens on even bone stock suspensions. My CCLB has this issue they are discussing and I'm bone stock suspension, definitely felt it less with my lighter winter tires on it over any 33/35" setup but it is there in all scenario's. This is one of the reasons I like loading the box up and driving around with something in it, seems to lessen the hop we feel, unloaded is brutal hopping makes my titties bounce and I'm a 170lb white guy that doesn't have any titties :(

florida 6.0

Reaction score
My 99 and my 05 do this . I am making one of these asap . I had pretty much give up on ever finding a fix and after crawling under my truck I can even see where it s going .

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Just a little heads up for you guys. Dave @ OUO designed the most adjustable Carrier bearing drop assembly to make the angles perfect. Most people don't realize that you don't need to only drop the bearing sometimes it must be adjusted and realigned to make the angles better

They are very affordable as well

Jared

florida 6.0

Reaction score
Trust me bud , everything on my truck has been aligned , adjusted , rebalanced , etc . I don't think you can really understand this problem unless you have a truck that does it .

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
abuta7e2.jpg

Or maybe, just maybe I'm a guy who has, and found the solution to his problem

And there's the vehicle it happened with

florida 6.0

Reaction score
Glad it worked for you , I think the average is 1 in 5 have the "superduty buck" and it's not in the drive line.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Hey Jared would you recommend a single drive shaft or the ouo carrier drop for my situation?

I would never recommend going single.

Just getting you into the traction block like we are going to do is going to help correct the angle at the pinion.

Adding the adjustable carrier drop will correct the mid part of the issue.

Problem solved, I'll put money on it

Its not really a 1 in 5 deal with it in my opinion.. But florida and I will have to agree to disagree I guess.

All I know is I've had my hands in a TON of CCLB lifted truck builds, never had any issue when using good parts, and I've helped plenty of guys with cobbled together lifts fix their issues

florida 6.0

Reaction score
I'll go with that Jared . I am not a shop just a guy who builds his own for over 20 years . I have spoke to people who never had issues to people who want to set there's on fire lol . Mine in particular has had issues since new and bone stock . And for what it's worth I have that adjustable carrier bearing bracket on my truck .

Latest posts

Members online