• 1) What are you selling?

2) What is its condition?

3) Where are you located?

4) What is your asking price?

5) Pictures/videos?

6) At least 3 days between bumping your own ad.

7) No more than 5 ads per individual at once.

8) No commercial sales.

9) You must post when the item sells and state that it is SOLD. Do not report the post or PM moderators to remove your post once it is sold.

10) No feeler ads.

11) No firearms or firearm accessories.

2009 f350.

Digger2929

Reaction score
Just got a 2009 f350. Off a guy on hard times. He couldn't afford to fix the truck. So after talking him down to 1800 bucks I got the truck. Rocker arms worn to crap. Dealer said they'll charge him 10000 plus to fix it. So far I got old rocker arm assembly off. And just waiting for new one to come it. Would I need to take other valve cover off when I'm gonna put it all back together. To check for tdc? . New to 6.4 and been getting told different things from people so figured I'd ask on here. Thanks

Last edited:

Digger2929

Reaction score
Well they told him it's #7/8 cylinders gone. He's broke. Me and my mechanic scanned it got a p0301 code. Took valve cover off. And the bridge was laying in the head. And no other codes. Mechanic told me just replace those first see if code clears. He says at 220000kms that normal for these trucks.

DieselDC

Reaction score
You stole that. You’re a sad soul. Give it to me :)

Those trucks make lots of ponies and cost a lot to fix. When are you buying go fast parts for it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dboat

Reaction score
While you have it apart, I would consider new injectors and an oil cooler too.
Sounds like you got a great deal. Congrats

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Digger2929

Reaction score
While you have it apart, I would consider new injectors and an oil cooler too.
Sounds like you got a great deal. Congrats

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Truck is totally stock no mods not even rims. Was used as his work truck landscaping. So when u say injectors and oil cooler. What brand would be a good fit? I'm new to ford trucks drove dodge for awhile. Just wanna know things that work

sootie

Reaction score
i would not suggest throwing any parts at it until you figure out what is wrong with it?!?!? Why would you put an oil cooler on a truck if it wasnt leaking or you dont have oil temp issues?? Why would you put injectors if you dont even know if the ones that are in it are fine? I believe there is more wrong with the truck than broken rockers but without some diagnostics, its all a crap shoot...

Digger2929

Reaction score
i would not suggest throwing any parts at it until you figure out what is wrong with it?!?!? Why would you put an oil cooler on a truck if it wasnt leaking or you dont have oil temp issues?? Why would you put injectors if you dont even know if the ones that are in it are fine? I believe there is more wrong with the truck than broken rockers but without some diagnostics, its all a crap shoot...

Ya. That's why I'm starting with those rocker arms first. Seem logical fix if the bridge is sitting in the head and the code reads misfire #1. I did put the bridge back on we cleared codes fired it up ran better for about 20 mins. and then it fell off again and code popped back up and rough idle happened again.. thats when mechanic said let's start with those first then dig deeper. Told me no point goin crazy putting crazy money into the truck. Let's get it running normal again. I'm up for advice anytime. Not a stubborn headed guy.

Digger2929

Reaction score
Well put new rocker arms in. Codes gone truck runs fine. Gonna do the other side now seeing as one side was shot might aswell just get new ones all around.

webb06

Reaction score
Well put new rocker arms in. Codes gone truck runs fine. Gonna do the other side now seeing as one side was shot might aswell just get new ones all around.

Did you run it longer than the time before when you put the old rocker arm back on? Have you drove it? If it just fell off when idling I’d think a lifter has failed but that’s just shooting from the hip.

Digger2929

Reaction score
Did you run it longer than the time before when you put the old rocker arm back on? Have you drove it? If it just fell off when idling I’d think a lifter has failed but that’s just shooting from the hip.

Ya been driving around got 100 kms on it now. Seems that everything is back at par and running good again. Waiting on second set of rockerarms just to make both sides even steven.

Latest posts

Members online