2011 crew cab subs

jdc753

Reaction score
It wouldn't be possible to run 2 12s behind the rear seat with the power window motor? If the rear vents are removed and the rear panel I think it could be done.

I think so, SPL2K has sealed setups for a pair of Pioneer 12's behind the seat, however I don't have any personal experience with measuring up a truck equipped with the power slider.

easy now i wouldnt say mtx in general the cheap ones yes but jl also makes crappy low end ones. i would say there 9500 series would walk over a jl look up the 9500 10 it has a 4” of peak-to-peak excursion nearly twice a w7 if im not mistaken.. also i would think a full size 10" or 12" in the center console would out perform any shallow mount 13 or even 2 12" shallow mounts. i had two shallow alpine 12's(swr-t12) (which Xmax is more then the JL 13) and they would "hit" but they dont push air at all(a conventional 12" in a decent box would push more air hands down).. just depends what your going for

I absolutely agree, but how often do you run into someone running a 9500 series sub, especially one who is also running a bass tube. The 9500 is a straight SPL producer, so now you are outside the league of the W7 for sure, should be looking into Kicker Solo-X's, Digital Designs, FI BTL's, Incriminator Audio, and plenty more I am forgetting. Oh and don't forget the MTX Jackhammer lol

What you just said, is pretty much exactly why I ended up with a single 12" in my center console. Mine is still fairly shallow, but I wanted to explore options outside of shallow mounts which involves going beyond what 90% of people are willing to do. Oh and the little plastic console now weighs 78lbs with the 25lb sub installed

I have a 12" Stereo Integrity Mag V4 in my 08 console, the box is about 0.93ft^3 sealed, and the sub has 20mm 1-way excursion, rated for 1000W RMS (but its getting about 1500w) and for anyone willing to go out and build their own stuff I would always suggest center console sub.

jdc753

Reaction score
yes please

Here ya go...

Sits a touch high (same height as the 40/20/40 console it replaced) but I like it and I could drop it 1.5" easy if I wanted.

DSC02676.jpg

The side no one sees...

DSC02693.jpg

and the guts for proof its all in there. Pardon the fugly fiberglass work :fustrate:

DSC02671.jpg

Skeleton all out of 3/4"

DSC02600.jpg

I still have 4.25" of storage space up top, box comes out to be about 0.93ft^3 (accounting for wood displacement, but before sub) and 7" of mounting depth (key right there) The sub is a Stereo Integrity Magnum version 4, its a 12" XBL^2 sub rated for 1000w RMS and a 1ft^3 box, 5.5" of mounting depth, 20mm 1-way xmax and is SUPER crystal clear. I'm powering it from a Sundown Audio Saz-1500D

Purdue_stroker

Reaction score
I think so, SPL2K has sealed setups for a pair of Pioneer 12's behind the seat, however I don't have any personal experience with measuring up a truck equipped with the power slider.

I absolutely agree, but how often do you run into someone running a 9500 series sub, especially one who is also running a bass tube.

Don't be hatin man! Lol. It was cheap and I was just in highschool. I had been runnin the MTX I bought off my brother in law and a friend of mine sold me the bazooka tube for $50. So I figured why not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jdc753

Reaction score
Don't be hatin man! Lol. It was cheap and I was just in highschool. I had been runnin the MTX I bought off my brother in law and a friend of mine sold me the bazooka tube for $50. So I figured why not

Never any hate from me lol When I typed that out I contemplated adding in "(I mean no offense)"

We all started somewhere, I just like to educate (if I can) or discuss. It's like if you were to see someone running a banks 6-gun on their 6.0, it works and for them most likely gets the job done, but you know other options. Honestly, some of my favorite setups have been budget builds, I had a Jensen amp and a pair of Kicker truck boxes in my first truck at 150w RMS per sub and it rocked :rockon:

oneturboforme

Reaction score
http://www.halfpricecaraudio.com/Fo...l-12-Custom-Subwoofer-Box-Enclosure-Black.htm

here ya go just buy this i doubt with time you can build it cheaper..... i had one that was in my 08 and it worked with power window.. then i went with buckets and 3 12s lol

that center console sparks some ideas... thanks man!

specially since the 2012s have a bigger console... easier to get air space.. maybe i wont have to lift it any..

Last edited:

jdc753

Reaction score
that center console sparks some ideas... thanks man!

specially since the 2012s have a bigger console... easier to get air space.. maybe i wont have to lift it any..

No prob, I would love to see what you can do inside the 12+, especially if you can use up the extra airspace up front towards the dash. Getting the sub into the center console is the first challenge to beat for having up front bass, better imaging and better sound stage, and overall better listening experience.

nickg3130

Reaction score
Started this tonight. Will most likely have it all installed tomorrow. I'm gonna be running factory nav and speakers until I decide to upgrade. ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21360301586.218648.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21360301606.994339.jpg

thuglike

Reaction score
I'm shocked Josh.....I figured you'd say do a single 13" JL...feed it with the jl 600/1 and call it a day. I sure that would hit hard enough for 99% of us.

jdc753

Reaction score
Ha, I thought I did, I know there really isn't anything I can saw against that setup, 90% or 99% close enough lol

Purdue_stroker

Reaction score
I had made up my mind on that dual 12 box or the single 13 jl and then I came across this on Craigslist. It's only $495 and then you stock sub for a core. Might be good enough to tide me over till I'm ready to throw more money at it. What do u think?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362012154.200219.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1362012161.557802.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1362012170.180703.jpg

Last edited:

Bigdiezel

Reaction score
Tapping into rear right or left speaker probably won't pick up a bass signal , and if it does it will most likely be weak signal . You would have to pick it up from the wires feeding the OEM sub.

Bigdiezel

Reaction score
I f that is the route you wanna go, why not just build the setup yourself? Sub is like 70 bucks and amp is like 140 off eBay..

Black_Pstroke

Reaction score
I know this thread is old but is there any more info on the 13.5" JL sub? I was looking on JL's website and the only info I could find was on F-150's??

Latest posts

Members online