2011+ Full leaf springs: Icon or Carli

jaynick1

Reaction score
Guys I was hoping to get some reviews of these two full leaf spring replacements. I am looking to get rid of my rear blocks and upgrade. Current lift is in my sig. Any input is appreciated as well as any vendors that can PM me a price for either.

From my research the carli is quite soft and amazing riding, but I cant hardly find any info or reviews for the icon leafs.

I dont tow much and for my next PCS I would probably get a long travel air bag setup.

Swampfox

Reaction score
I've noticed on the full carli springs it doesn't seem to re-center the wheel in the wheel well. Is that something that can be corrected or is that how it is supposed to be?

Jomax

Reaction score
I've noticed on the full carli springs it doesn't seem to re-center the wheel in the wheel well. Is that something that can be corrected or is that how it is supposed to be?

It's designed that way. On compression the axle moves backwards a bit, making the tire perfectly centered at full compression.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Ok will do. Why the carli over icon out of curiosity?

This will probably not sound like the most scientific answer but I've been a long time Icon fan, look back at all of my Super Duties and you will see. When they were a small company and really worked hard to keep the products improving and cutting edge they were great. They have since become more corporate and seem to be more light duty truck and suv oriented so i feel like the Technology and offerings for the Super Duty have been left behind.

Carli however has that more devoted small business mentality, and i feel that they really strive to put out only high performance, high quality kits and parts.

capt dong

Reaction score
I was looking at full replacements. Carli you lose load. Icon says stock load. I wouldnt doubt it if they both were made by deaver.

BIG JUICE

Reaction score
carli says loses load intentionally, they sell air bags to put load handling back. sounds silly if you are being cheap but makes sense if you understand fcatory springs are intentionally over sprung do to lack of bags. carli is what I will get, had deaver 8" on my excursion and was very happy,

realize why you lose load capacity is because you gain ride.

Ice Cream Sammich

Reaction score
Slight thread hijack.

I am going to go with a 2.5" Icon coils on my 2016. I was going to get a 2.5" rear block, but was wondering about the Icon 5" rear leafs. My understanding is that they are firmer than the Carli leafs. I want to get something that will not reduce my payload capacity and offer a better ride, if possible.

Will the 5" leafs from Icon achieve this? Will 5" leafs be too much for 2.5" coils in the front?

Snayke

Reaction score
Slight thread hijack.

I am going to go with a 2.5" Icon coils on my 2016. I was going to get a 2.5" rear block, but was wondering about the Icon 5" rear leafs. My understanding is that they are firmer than the Carli leafs. I want to get something that will not reduce my payload capacity and offer a better ride, if possible.

Will the 5" leafs from Icon achieve this? Will 5" leafs be too much for 2.5" coils in the front?

My understanding is the Icon 5" leafs will give you whatever lift is left after you subtract the size of your block. If anyone knows different please correct me.

I'm in the same boat looking for a full replacement leaf pack. Currently running the supersprings leaf that compresses the overload. It's worked fine for the past year and a half but I've noticed recently that the overload has worn through about half of the superspring on each side...not gonna be a good day when that lets go! I use my truck for work so theres always around 4-500lbs in the back (ratpack, tools ect). A lot of driving on oilfield and logging roads, so ride quality is pretty important.

capt dong

Reaction score
When i called icon directly they said that 5 inch lift is the total lift after removing the factory block. I encourage anyone to call and reconfirm. I really wanted full replacement leafs without losing load but no more than 3 inch lift and no one offered it with all those features and that is why i went with add a leafs.

Latest posts

Members online