2011 grille emblem

Purdue_stroker

Reaction score
Thanks to mikes express car wash I need a new ford emblem for my grille. Anybody done anything cool with theirs, or know of any custom ones out there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

83f350

Reaction score
I'll see if he can get pics tomorrow. and I want to say its the whole emblem but i'm not 100% sure. I'll ask

TripleE44

Reaction score
If someone will confirm that the 2012 emblem fits the 2011, I have found a pic on the org that shows that the 2012 emblem comes apart in pieces and you could just paint the blue yourself and have nice custom emblem.

Here's the pic I stole:
-emblems-imageuploadedbyautoguide1363299844.368139.jpg

Purdue_stroker

Reaction score
If someone will confirm that the 2012 emblem fits the 2011, I have found a pic on the org that shows that the 2012 emblem comes apart in pieces and you could just paint the blue yourself and have nice custom emblem.

Here's the pic I stole:
-emblems-imageuploadedbyautoguide1363299844.368139.jpg

Mine doesn't come apart like that. It's just like a tin cover that glues to the grille

TripleE44

Reaction score
Mine doesn't come apart like that. It's just like a tin cover that glues to the grille

I know the one on the 11 doesn't come apart like that, but what I was saying is if you've got to buy a new one, you could try and buy that one that you could take apart.

Purdue_stroker

Reaction score
I finally got around to getting a new emblem. Lol. I figured out that I could take the part off behind the tin cover and an emblem off of a 12 will go right on, so I have a surprise for you guys! I'll try to post some pics here soon

Purdue_stroker

Reaction score
Anybody got pics or a link on how to do this

It's really easy. You have to have a 2012+ emblem. On the back of it there are little tabs to pop of the "F" and the "ord". Then 2 big tabs to pop off then big blue part, and small tabs all around the outside to pop off the outer blue ring. After that you will have the chrom base, blue ring, blue center piece, and the 2 piece "Ford". I then sanded the 2 blue pieces and painted 3 coats of duplicolor perfect match paint, then I wet sanded it and put on 2 more coats of paint followed with 2 coats of duplicolor clear coat. Then just snapped it all back together!

Purdue_stroker

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366836475.350891.jpg
Not the greatest pic, but here it is on the truck. It finally stopped raining long enough for me to put it on

Latest posts

Members online