2011+ Leaf spring help needed

Reaction score
Alright, those are all great reasons to use your parking brake. I would caution you on how effective it actually is though. As an aid it works, I've yet to have one hold an empty truck on a good incline, maybe shoes were glazed? Either way, to help that parking pawl in those situations, I tend to hit 4 low. Maybe we should set up a test, 4 low no brake vs high range and parking brake. I may be convinced to go through my system and make sure it's in good working order...

I generally have someone in the truck, in nuetral and holding the service brakes when loading a car hauler, because parking pin...

By the way, this is good discussion that could definitely help people ��
We could go on to how bigger tires increases load on the parking pin unless it's re-geared, or how age and heat cycles harden friction materials making them less effective.

Mine work. About a month ago, I had to pull a loaded semi (96,000 lbs) out on my property. Parking brake held my truck in place while we winched off the hitch with a four part line on a 12k winch. I had it in neutral, 4-lo, with the e-brake to the floor.

We have a lot of clay and it's great dry, but once it's wet it turns to pure sink slime. What i did wasn't the smartest thing, but i couldn't get a line to a tree or inmovable object, and i was in a hurry. Was shocked the e-brake held. Granted we only needed to go 20 feet but still shocked it worked. I was certain it was just gonna pull my truck back.

Latest posts

Members online