2011 Power adders Emissions on

Triumph1188

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

It has been a long time since I have posted here. I recently picked up a 2011 CCSB Lariat with I believe every option available for that trip.

I was curious about how to approach additional power while keeping all of the emissions intact and functioning. Obviously tuning is the easiest. I have read that the turbos are a bit fragile on the '11-'14 trucks. It has 112k on it currently. I am open to alternative turbos but I want to be sure to maintain the ability to tow without worrying about egts. The most I can see ever towing is 10k lbs. I will more frequently be towing in the 6k range with a loaded, enclosed snowmobile trailer.

I have a 6.0, and then sort of stopped following the diesel world for a while and I am not as up to date on the 6.7s.

Thank you for any suggestions and information!

Ben

Triumph1188

Reaction score
That is obviously an option. However, I was hoping for slightly more discussion. Or at least why the recommendation of leaving it stock.

06-sixoh

Reaction score
If you're going to keep the emissions stuff intact, leave the tuning stock. The whole point of tuning these trucks are to get rid of the emissions stuff, and have a more reliable truck, in theory. The 6.7's make plenty of power for what they built for. It's not as easy as tuning and building a 6.0. My 6.0 was decently built, and I've managed to keep my 6.7 stock. Until next week. LOL

08Monster

Reaction score
I bought my SCT and ran the canned dppf on tunes for a while until I was ready to ******, I did notice a SIGNIFICANT increase and power, and it regened less often and netted me about 1mpg better. For a cheapish, quick power adder before you are ready to go on Jenny Craig, I saw its totally worth it. But buy a tuner with the proper tunes on it or the capability to load them when you are ready.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

08Monster

Reaction score
I don't think so. No different than any other tunes in my opinion, just has a bit of a restriction to flow though.

Triumph1188

Reaction score
I guess I do not see why tuning is not recommended on a non dleted truck. And that is why I am making inquiries. If it isn't worth it, or the risk is higher, obviously I wouldn't do it.

sootie

Reaction score
Not gonna contradict the post above yours but I have seen higher regeneration frequency and worse fuel economy with d.p.f on tunes. Also can mean shorter d.p.f. life and higher def consumption.

08Monster

Reaction score
Not gonna contradict the post above yours but I have seen higher regeneration frequency and worse fuel economy with d.p.f on tunes. Also can mean shorter d.p.f. life and higher def consumption.
I definitely agree that it'll shorten d.p.f. life and consume more DEF because it's definitely took more def. But, in my case, the mileage trade off was worth it I think.

Last edited:

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
op - give me a call , we have some emissions present tuning that might suit your needs .

redneck1

Reaction score
Best way to keep your d p f intact and good condition is on a shelf in your shop or garage. They never wear out and you have less regens with better mileage.

KCCO

cappa

Reaction score
+1. I agree, although I think it's getting put out in the back yard soon. That pos doesn't deserve to be taking up space in the garage. Worst thing to ever happen to diesels is that stupid filter. Put it on a diet and don't look back.

Latest posts

Members online