2011 powerstroke odd shifting

mcdaniel1991

Reaction score
Hey fellas, so I have been noticing lately that every once in a while the truck is delayed into reverse. Then yesterday I was driving slowly out of a parking lot and it just went into nutral then I let off and it went back in gear.

I have also noticed hard shifts during low speeds.

Truck is tuned with canned mini max tunes.

Gear head mentioned a tsb covering similar issues but I called ford and they said i was not affected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jomax

Reaction score
I've heard that's the start of the trans going... Sucks if that's true

mcdaniel1991

Reaction score
I just find that hard to believe if the trans only has 68k on it and only tuned for the last 2k.

mcdaniel1991

Reaction score
Not yet, it's random. Like today it acted completely fine all day.

sootie

Reaction score
Drives me nuts too-for the minute I am not in a position to buy new tunes to see if that helps it. Fluid is clean as a whistle.

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
I would believe that it is a combination of the tranny itself and the fact that it is tuned. The more you beat on it, the more it will slip. I think the adaptive learning plays a part as well. Another real sign of damage is squalling on the 4-5 shift on heavy throttle.

sootie

Reaction score
I would believe that it is a combination of the tranny itself and the fact that it is tuned. The more you beat on it, the more it will slip. I think the adaptive learning plays a part as well. Another real sign of damage is squalling on the 4-5 shift on heavy throttle.

profound...

mine did it from day one of being tuned and does not get beat on or run on higher than stock power level.

Wemoy1

Reaction score
Mine does makes noise when in manual mode shifting from 4th to 5th. It also will do it from 3rd to 4th. I have heard it could be a selonoid problem or a relief valve in the valve body.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

KAC1023

Reaction score
I got a 11' and mine shifts hard from 1-2 once in a while, all other shifts are fine. On rare occasions when braking it'll downshift hard around 17mph.

Latest posts

Members online