2012 6.7L - H&S Tuner, Race Pipe, & EGR

jmm2262

Reaction score
I got a friend that has a mini maxx tuner tuned for a 08-10 6.4L powerstroke, SW# 1.0.1.9 and HW# 1.5. I'm pretty certain that it's not the original race tuner as that was a 1.0.1.3 or something to that affect.

I currently have a 2012 6.7L powerstroke. He is willing to give me his tuner and his race pipe. Since my truck just went out of the 100k mi warranty, I'm thinking about doing the as numerous sensors has went out and cooler has been clogged 2x.

I understand h&s isn't around anymore, so will this still work on my truck? I'm not sure where I can still download the files needed for the 6.7L as the website is down for good and I think it will be risky downloading from an unknown source. From researching it seems like I will need to get it unlocked via the get the VIN unlock code. Will I also need to get the 11-12 power stroke unlock as well? If both unlocks are required, will I still be able to do the removals or will that require another unlock need? I really just need the stock tune to allow removals and the tow tune for when I tow. From reading, these 2 stock tunes from h&s will do what I need, shifts are smooth, and I won't be blowing out black smoke all the time.

Will the race pipe work on my truck or will I need to order a new one? I really just need the ends where it bolts up as I plan on cutting it up and welding Donaldson muffler in the middle.

Lastly, what egr kits do you recommend? I see there is many options for this (just installing block off plates, block of plates plus coolant pass through line still, and just "unplugging"). My preferred option would be to install the block off plates without having to remove the entire system, if that's even possible. Also, what is meant by installing block off plates with the coolant pass through line? I thought once the block off plates are installed and the whole system is removed, those lines aren't needed?

Sorry for such newbie questions as many has been answered before I'm sure. This is my first diesel and want to do it right.

JRLott

Reaction score
Once again, there's No Limit to the Fabrication of threads on exactly this topic. Call them. Send them your CC info. But something nice for the significant other. Fvckin winn!!!

Jerrybizzle

Reaction score
When I bought one that didn't have the 11-12 powerstroke tunes I had to pay $100 to unlock them. They give you a code that works for your vin if I recall correctly.
I went with just the ****** pipe and have been happy with the minimal sound increase. I'd like it louder but the lady was happy with it not being overly loud.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I got a friend that has a mini maxx tuner tuned for a 08-10 6.4L powerstroke, SW# 1.0.1.9 and HW# 1.5. I'm pretty certain that it's not the original race tuner as that was a 1.0.1.3 or something to that affect.

I currently have a 2012 6.7L powerstroke. He is willing to give me his tuner and his race pipe. Since my truck just went out of the 100k mi warranty, I'm thinking about doing the as numerous sensors has went out and cooler has been clogged 2x.

I understand h&s isn't around anymore, so will this still work on my truck? I'm not sure where I can still download the files needed for the 6.7L as the website is down for good and I think it will be risky downloading from an unknown source. From researching it seems like I will need to get it unlocked via the get the VIN unlock code. Will I also need to get the 11-12 power stroke unlock as well? If both unlocks are required, will I still be able to do the removals or will that require another unlock need? I really just need the stock tune to allow removals and the tow tune for when I tow. From reading, these 2 stock tunes from h&s will do what I need, shifts are smooth, and I won't be blowing out black smoke all the time.

Will the race pipe work on my truck or will I need to order a new one? I really just need the ends where it bolts up as I plan on cutting it up and welding Donaldson muffler in the middle.

Lastly, what egr kits do you recommend? I see there is many options for this (just installing block off plates, block of plates plus coolant pass through line still, and just "unplugging"). My preferred option would be to install the block off plates without having to remove the entire system, if that's even possible. Also, what is meant by installing block off plates with the coolant pass through line? I thought once the block off plates are installed and the whole system is removed, those lines aren't needed?

Sorry for such newbie questions as many has been answered before I'm sure. This is my first diesel and want to do it right.

only some devices can be unlocked for a 6.7 , feel free to call tomorrow and we can check the srial number and see what you got. we can unlock and get you the other necessary parts if it's good . and no the pipe will not work .