2012 dash removal?

iowacornfarmer

Reaction score
Ford tells me the dash has to come out to clean the evaporator and the heater core on my king ranch. 10 hour job and they said it's plugged pretty bad. Anyone else have any problems? Seems like a piss poor design to me. Why no cab filters?

Commandos888

Reaction score
Do you still have warranty?? we do these In a day. I just swing the dash to the side and remove the evap core box.

Commandos888

Reaction score
core

I did have two so far that where plug. Lots of leaves and bugs, dirt! the last one had a dead rat stuck in there!! that sucks big time! customer states there is a dead smell in his new truck! other then that no real problems that I found. And yes they should have put some filters in there.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
I noticed a few of these popping up on the forum/FB the past months most on all 11+ 6.7's did Ford change the design for the 6.7 from 08-10 6.4's?

I rarely seen these on a 6.4 get clogged up.

Reaction score
My evaporator went out on my 11 and when I went by the entire dash and steering colum was in the bed of the truck. Took them like 2 days if I remember correct.

Jomax

Reaction score
I will say, ford was stupid for not putting a cabin filter.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I will say, ford was stupid for not putting a cabin filter.

I quit working on cars daily after college, but I think gm stopped putting cabin filters also. I just can't believe they have not designed it better for easier service.

Here you go Iowa
897bdb2277888f019258cbee33c636b6.jpg

The a/c in these trucks sucks anyways.

Last edited:

Jomax

Reaction score
I quit working on cars daily after college, but I think gm stopped putting cabin filters also. I just can't believe they have not designed it better for easier service.

Here you go Iowa

The a/c in the new trucks work really well... better than my buddies chevy and dodge. Being in AZ, they get used lol.

CMCx2012

Reaction score

Here you go Iowa

DAMN! :jawdrop: I hope that is the first and last time you ever have to do that again!!!

iowacornfarmer

Reaction score
Well I took it to Ford last week and they said it was pretty nasty. It was full of dirt and corn chaff. Anyways I had them put in a new evaporator and man its like a brand new truck again!! Total was around $1250, someone needs to design a cab filter for these trucks.

Jomax

Reaction score
Well I took it to Ford last week and they said it was pretty nasty. It was full of dirt and corn chaff. Anyways I had them put in a new evaporator and man its like a brand new truck again!! Total was around $1250, someone needs to design a cab filter for these trucks.

All the company's that can, are too busy making go fast parts.... I know quite a few vender can figure it out "hint hint".... I desperately need one.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.