2012+ Front end

PSD715

Reaction score
So the wife's truck needs a bed, and I found a '12 takeoff bed (basically brand new) for really cheap. Like $400. Which is a lottt cheaper than I could find a good 99-11 bed.

So now I'm trying to figure what it would cost to do a conversion on the front to match. I searched and didn't come up with anything..

PSD715

Reaction score
Annd I posted too soon. :doh:
Idk Wth I typed in the search the first time.
But I found a lot of good info, and this is probably the route I'm going.

PSD715

Reaction score
post up a complete thread if you do the swap!!!

Great deal on the bed btw!

Chad

Plannin on it :thumbup:
Once I get the bed, I'll start taking pictures and get a thread going.
It'll be getting a mid sized lift, along with hopefully some 2013 platinum wheels when Julian gets some wheels figured out for his 'frankenstein'
Not sure on sizing on the lift & tires, but thats all a long way off still.

PSD715

Reaction score
My plan when i got this was to do the same, as I have a grille already. And then do an 08 style later on. But with the deal on the bed, I changed my mind. And the wife likes the 6.7 style way more. Which lead to no shortage of me being reminded who's truck it is. LOL

Tonka350

Reaction score
LMAO...I already have the 08 clone in the house...and the trucks are mine...she has a Kia LOL...I'm actually buying my entire old 05-07 front end back and putting it on the new truck LOL...just a few things different, but I want to see a few more 13 clones...

Chad

PSD715

Reaction score
Nice, she had a Taurus, but it got totaled, along with the jetta blowing up the next week, left her getting a truck. Even though she wants an EX.
& I'm gonna paint it that autumn orange or copper or w/e that color is. So with the dark windows hiding the dash, you should only be able to tell its a 7.3 by seeing the leafs.

Tonka350

Reaction score
i tthrows people off...and it's funny...I've gotten into an argument before because some guy didnt believe my truck was a 2000....I just looked at him and said "oh well you must own the truck"....his response...."no but I know the owner"....OBVIOUSLY NOT lol

Chad

PSD715

Reaction score
It's a takeoff from a truck in midland TX that got a welding bed put on.
Friend of a friend. But I know you can still find deals similar there all the time. For all three brands.
Those guys buy brand new trucks, drive em home, and start building a bed for em. Every year.

On edit: Probably not gonna find a short bed there though.

Tonka350

Reaction score
Lysons,

If you're looking for a take off bed check in the midwest near Michigan/Indiana....it's where alot of beds are taken off for different reasons and most are shortbeds.

...how is the '12 front end progress coming?

Chad

PSD715

Reaction score
Well the bed should be getting worked out soon.
I may be able to pick it up on the way back from Ennis.
& I thought I had a line on some headlights, but they turned out to be 08-10. Which I already have a few of..

Tonka350

Reaction score
message me a price if ya wanna sell some 08-10's I think I want to go back to clear on my truck when I get home.....if the price is right ;-)

Chad

Latest posts

Members online