2012 SD with 9" Lift

SootPowered

Reaction score
Marty said he thought it would work but it will be tight. It's my brothers truck and he wants as little lift as possible to clear the wheels. Nothing worse IMO then 12" of lift and 35" tire look. He's not afraid to cut anything to make it work. I've seen a leveled f350 with 22x14 & 33's clear the offset is still -44 so I think it will work, if not with just the 7" I have tei spacer I can add in the front.

Hope he doesn't mind cutting the frame rail and moving it in about 4" on the front and rear.

Abrannan19

Reaction score
Hope he doesn't mind cutting the frame rail and moving it in about 4" on the front and rear.

I have a hard time believing all that would be necessary. I just spoke with American force and they dont see our plan being an issue at all, said they can clear 24x14 with 37" tire and have plenty of room with 8" so 7" should work just not as much room left, like I said I can add a 1" TEI spacer and get 8" in the front if needed.

07_powerstroke

Reaction score
I can't wait to see this you better have the sawzaw ready! Lmao I can't believe American force would tell you that! I have 9.5 in lift with 20x14 wheels with 36 15.50 tires and i had to trim the plastic air dam and i still bent the **** out of my metal bumper and the bottom corners of my fenders all this is at or near full lock. Good luck to you I can't wait to see this one!

Abrannan19

Reaction score
Dont let em hate adam. Its all in the offset

Lol I dont think they're hating...it may not work but we are gonna try.

Adman your brothers truck is gonna look BA I'm looking at getting me some AF wheels too

I think so too, I can't wait till he says order. Just the toyo tires in 24" aren't in stock anywhere so we are just in the prelim stages now.

07_powerstroke

Reaction score
I'm not hating I just know what its like with 14 wides I had a icon 8in lift with smaller tires than he plans on running and i couldn't turn about half way to lock and it would hit...

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Its not hating, its just a useful warning from the people who actually run the same size wheels. Don't expect to not have to do some trimming, its not going to be a bolt on a go with no rubbing. In fact even after trimming your just going to have to live with some minor rubbing.

You can take advice from people running 8-9" wide wheels on if 14 wide will fit or you can take advice from the people who actually run the 14 wide daily.

Abrannan19

Reaction score
Only difference is this truck is a 2011, yours is a leaf sprung truck, so not quite an apples to apples comparison but like I said I welcome the input and I don't consider any info here hating.

Daryl@TDP

Reaction score
His is coil sprung. There will probably be some scrubbing but I am sure it will fit with the spacer and look damn good. Make sure you make a thread and post some pictures, I'd like to see it.

Abrannan19

Reaction score
His is coil sprung. There will probably be some scrubbing but I am sure it will fit with the spacer and look damn good. Make sure you make a thread and post some pictures, I'd like to see it.

My bad didn't know it was coils. I know its not gonna be a turn key deal and will take trimming, but like you said I think the end result will be awesome. I will for sure post pics while doing it.

07_powerstroke

Reaction score
The only differences that are going to matter is the bumper and fenders same axle and same coils everything except the sway bar because the frame has a diff bent to it. I just can't imajine hacking in on a brand new $50,000 truck I guess. But i think it will def look real good i can't wait to see pics of it! Seabee does your truck turn easy with your wide tires? Expesially when stopped?

SAK

Reaction score
I don't think they will clear. I can't clear my 38x15.50's on 12" wide wheels with 8" of lift.

Who makes a 37" tire for a 24" rim?

Abrannan19

Reaction score
Toy360350 37x13.50x24 it's not gonna be a 14 or 15.50 tire gonna have a bit of stretch that we are thinking will allow a lil more clearance.

I'm far from an expert on suspensions but it's something he wants, dont think we're gonna be 'hacking up' a $50k truck, whatever we do it will be clean. I nor him like the look of too much lift making the tires and wheels look small so that's why we're wanting to do it this way. It may not work..I can't say 100% either way but pretty sure we are gonna give it a shot eventually.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Both our truck are coil sprung. Not a whole lot different from my 08 to your 11 but it will look nice for sure. I just had the impression you thought your going to bolt it on and go.

Abrannan19

Reaction score
Both our truck are coil sprung. Not a whole lot different from my 08 to your 11 but it will look nice for sure. I just had the impression you thought your going to bolt it on and go.

The coil spring comment was toward 07 stroke (should have paid more attention to the username lol)

I know for sure it's not gonna be a plug an play procedure. Again I welcome all of you guys input just don't wanna derail the thread lol

Latest posts

Members online