2012 turbo's

Tedzz

Reaction score
I have been doing a lot of reading on here since we got the 2012 CCSB 6.7.
There has been discussion on the turbo's being a weak spot. Not being anywhere near being a master mechanic,,,, what should I be listening for or looking at to know if they are stock or not and if they are good or not?
Two days ago, the CEL came on so today I will try to find someone to pull codes. thx,Ted

TLyons90

Reaction score
First things first it's actually only 1 turbo but has what's callled a sequential wheel in it. Thus almost like 2 turbos in 1 but at the end of the day only 1. Secondly I'm not sure there is anything you can really do or check other than shaft play inside the turbo, weird whining noises, and such. If your over 100k miles is I believe when you want to start paying more close attention to stuff.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
the turbos really aren't that bad unless it is tuned to run out of its map range..

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

mikeeg02

Reaction score
I agree with Lincoln, on our '11 450 it was always loaded and heavy. Somewhere around 150k, we got a manifold leak. And put a low mileage turbo in and dealeted and tuned it. Turbo lasted only a few months. At which point I put a '15 kit on it. The driver of the truck had been happy with it since.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.