2013+ brakes on a 2011!

CMCx2012

Reaction score
Ok, that is good news. Like I said, I saw part #'s for the 2013+ pads on the site, but just could not seem to find a way to buy them from any vendor/distributors...

Too bad I cannot wait for the end of May for these particular pads, as this truck is getting the install on Memorial Day weekend :(

Jomax

Reaction score
Ok, that is good news. Like I said, I saw part #'s for the 2013+ pads on the site, but just could not seem to find a way to buy them from any vendor/distributors...

Too bad I cannot wait for the end of May for these particular pads, as this truck is getting the install on Memorial Day weekend :(

Buy the cheapest pads from Autozone till they come out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CMCx2012

Reaction score
NOW YOU ARE TALKING!!!

Oh my goodness, $28.99 @ AutoZone! That cannot be great stopping, lol. How much dust are they going to throw?!

Last edited:

co04cobra

Reaction score
How much are the knuckles from ford? Would have to be cheaper to source used.

Fwiw I've always liked the cryo and slotted rotors. Have ran them on a few different applications. One being on our 550 rollback with very noticeable stopping improvement.

CMCx2012

Reaction score
I got a great deal from SUNRISE FORD (Brittain), and I checked for the used units but most do not have ball joints in them and/or they are pretty much the same price (without shipping) that I got from Sunrise...

Question now is which pads will last the longest that an aftermarket compound could last, without towing anything, and has the least amount of dust?

Hawk LTS or the Performance Friction Carbon Metallic???

Last edited:

Jomax

Reaction score
I got a great deal from SUNRISE FORD (Brittain), and I checked for the used units but most do not have ball joints in them and/or they are pretty much the same price (without shipping) that I got from Sunrise...

Question now is which pads will last the longest that an aftermarket compound could last, without towing anything, and has the least amount of dust?

Hawk LTS or the Performance Friction Carbon Metallic???

My carbon metallics on my old truck had low dust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I currently have EBC Green stuff pads on my truck and they dust quite a bit less than my stock ones, but they still dust more than I would like. I can't wait to see this done, seems like it would be a very good swap for a lot less than SSBC or others

CMCx2012

Reaction score
The first box from Sunrise Ford parts came yesterday! I received the 2013 calipers and the brackets, and I noticed right away by the larger design that these calipers are going to be a significant improvement! I also ordered some G2 caliper paint in Dark Cranberry Red to make them pop a little while protecting my investment. (Pics to come when done)

Still waiting on the rest of the front parts, and then the rear setup. I also plan to take photos of the install!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.