2013 Dyno results

JetExpress_6.7

Reaction score
i only used MCC , and only had a stock turbo for a month or 2 , but at that time MCC could not get a higher boost pressure than 29 .

look above , ******* says they have conquered that. its just really a aspect i never chased as the 11-14 turbo is a timebomb at power levels that make more than 475 .

has anyone ever seen the turbo RPM rates at 32 psi ? its 180,000 .. and at 35 psi , it pegs the RPM gauge at 200,000 .. not sure who in their right mind wants their turbo spinning at that RPM . and people wonder why their turbo fails, well because it was a pos at 22 psi .

Gotcha, completely understandable on the over-spun timebomb comment too. Thanks for the clarification!

I wonder if anyone who has done a 2015 style swap can get more boost than that. I'm looking at 6.7s and don't want to be limited by getting a 13-14 even after I swap.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

but a 2011 or 2012 truck with a 15 turbo swap or something like say a 62.5 towmax or 65.5 streetmax is still limited to what the high pressure fuel pump can do right? sorry i'm asking because it's been several months since i last read up on this on this forum

Yes, entirely possible to swap in a 15 turbo. Lots of guys do it, but you might as well swap in the 15 fuel pump too while you're at it. That typically seems to be enough fuel (unless you're going higher hp, then you can do a dual fueler set up). I wouldn't worry about being boost limited tho based on Matt's comment above!

Latest posts

Members online