2013 f550 suspension help

bad moose

Reaction score
I have a brandy new service truck. F550 with a maintainer bed and crane I scale at 18860 lbs and just put on the final piece to the truck. A 450 lbs Trailblazer welder. Well all was fine and dandy before the welder, the truck now leans 2 to 3 inches on the rear towards the drivers side. Go Figure.

The welder is mounted on top of the toolboxes at the rear, air compressor at the front on the drivers. The crane on the pass side. Bed mount is not an option but would work the best just not enough room. and I have to watch my weight, can't go over 19500 lbs, I'm at right around 19250lbs right now.

Was thinking air helper springs but know nothing about them pro's or con's. Also if any vendors could help depending on options and thoughts.

Aaron S

Reaction score
Did the company that installed the body modify/ customize the leaf pack on the right side of the truck to compensate for the crane?

If they did, I wonder if they can offer a solution in the form of another modified leaf pack for the left side of the truck.

bad moose

Reaction score
I'll have to check on the crane side pack.

That's what is was thinking on adding a leaf after research. The truck seems to be natrully rest on the overloads before i loaded her up.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Jesse_01

Reaction score
You will find out the over load brackets will tear out of the frame and the leafs will break. We threw all of our add a spring crap out and picked up some armored car leafs. Also get some high quality gas shocks to get rid of the sway.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk now Free

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.