2013 Head Unit Adapter

PDT1081

Reaction score
Does anybody have a link to the wiring adapter needed to replace a factory head unit with an aftermarket one? Apparently, it's more than just wiring up a plug to the head unit and plugging it in. And it's confusing trying to find the right one as everywhere has multiple listed, with very vague descriptions as to the differences.

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
Not sure but have you checked the sites that sell aftermarket Sync replacement units? What is your trim level and factory head unit? I can think of AM/FM, AM/FM/CD, SYNC, SYNC W/NAV. Not sure how many more configurations there were?

PDT1081

Reaction score
Not sure but have you checked the sites that sell aftermarket Sync replacement units? What is your trim level and factory head unit? I can think of AM/FM, AM/FM/CD, SYNC, SYNC W/NAV. Not sure how many more configurations there were?
It's an XLT. CD w/SYNC.

PDT1081

Reaction score
I was able to get in touch with Metra's tech support yesterday. They told me this is the kit I supposedly need. I'll update when it shows up and I can give it a try.

Finally received the full kit. First one showed up as just the harness, no interface box. It is the correct kit for these trucks. Now, to get the mirroring function to work while driving....

dsberman94

Reaction score
What exactly does the dash kit look like for this? And what headunit are you using? I can’t say I’ve ever seen one into a vehicle since sync came around that went into the dash.

PDT1081

Reaction score
What exactly does the dash kit look like for this? And what headunit are you using? I can’t say I’ve ever seen one into a vehicle since sync came around that went into the dash.
I used Scosche FD1432AB. It's basically two side pieces that you screw to the side of the radio. With the trim piece on, a double din touch screen looks factory.

Headunit I installed is just a cheap Jensen CM9MIR. It's a 9" touch screen that should do what I want it to once I get the mirroring function completely figured out. My hope is to be able to have both Torque Pro and Navigation on split screen.

Latest posts

Members online