2013 Platinum 6.7 Motor Build

dseitler

Reaction score
Awesome truck and write-up! I've got a 2012 and I'm doing the H&S 64mm but no dual fuel right now. You've put some hard use on your stock trans before you replaced it and I'm curious the mileage you got out of it before you pulled it? I'm gonna be around 500 hp, any thoughts on how long the stock trans will be good with that? Also, are you replacing your trans fluid every 8k?! If so, I'd is that out of big HP necessity? Thanks man.

I'm still running my stock Trans at 85K. Truck has been changed over since 16 miles. My 3-4 shift flares real bed and will free wheel under certain circumstances. I have my Trans being built as we speak and is to ship this week. 500 should be a walk in the park for your Trans at that HP level.

My new adventure is to lower the truck another 2" and install the OUO front end. Then add Hellwig sway bars front and rear. Coil overs on the front. I want to run the truck on the Road Course at PBIR to see what she will do. We have been drag racing which is fun but I want to do something different. HP is where I want it and it's time for fun. Most of the parts I will have on Monday with a lot of help from Jared.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Thats interesting....with a fair amount of work to the suspension, like you plan, ahould handle pretty darn
good.

bruce65trojan

Reaction score
Drilled - Slotted and Dimpled Rotors plus the Ceramic pads. All the way around. Wilwood had nothing for a 13 when it comes to brakes which sucks. I need it anyways for towing.

How would the 369 on a stock 15 do while towing? What would be easy for it to handle?

gratitudefortoday

Reaction score
I'm still running my stock Trans at 85K. Truck has been changed over since 16 miles. My 3-4 shift flares real bed and will free wheel under certain circumstances. I have my Trans being built as we speak and is to ship this week. 500 should be a walk in the park for your Trans at that HP level.

My new adventure is to lower the truck another 2" and install the OUO front end. Then add Hellwig sway bars front and rear. Coil overs on the front. I want to run the truck on the Road Course at PBIR to see what she will do. We have been drag racing which is fun but I want to do something different. HP is where I want it and it's time for fun. Most of the parts I will have on Monday with a lot of help from Jared.

Wow, 85K on your trans is great to hear and reassuring for me at the 500HP mark. Your new trans is gonna be the Suncoast one?

Good luck having your truck planted like you want and getting it do dance around the track!

dseitler

Reaction score
Wow, 85K on your trans is great to hear and reassuring for me at the 500HP mark. Your new trans is gonna be the Suncoast one?

Good luck having your truck planted like you want and getting it do dance around the track!

Yes it's a SunCoast Build. It's some what local and we will be doing some testing for them.

dseitler

Reaction score
Finally. My stock Platinum replacement Tip. A little more polishing and time for the install.

a9d113abf2786b0f6b46e208a90a6e78.jpg

e2c0e6d623022bcf4861573562e5327c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online