2014 6.7 CCSB 5th Wheel/5th Wheel Toy Hauler Hauling

STRKTHS67

Reaction score
How many of you guys have a Crew Cab Short bed and tow 5th wheels around? If so, what is the biggest 5th wheel / 5th wheel toy hauler are you hauling with your rig? I'm looking to find something that's within my length, weight and pin weight. Let's see them pictures of your rig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
F250 or F350?? From what I see on the roads there's a wide variety of 5rs you can tow. The question is are you wanting to stay safe and within the GVWR and tow limits?

STRKTHS67

Reaction score
Yeah, a 2014 F250 CCSB FX4. All the ones I look at people keep telling me that I can't because of the "Pin Weight" every 5ers I look at are heavy and not within my GVWR tow limits. It's so difficult to find a 5er with a large garage to haul my race motorcycles and be within my towing capacity and wanting a good looking somewhat luxury one too..

Pstrke96

Reaction score
Look at the new grand design units, I believe there toy haulers are the momentum line. I'm not sure on there weights but I will attest to the build quality. I have the solitude 369 RL and absolutely love it. The short box can be overcome with a sliding hitch, the 3/4 ton will be your limiting factor. Airbags may help, but if it was me and I was set on 15k plus 40' plus toy hauler I would trade up to at least a 350 lb drw.

Mr.BigOil

Reaction score
I pull a 41 ft Weekend Warrior, with my F350 shortbed. I use the Pullrite Super Glide hitch.

I also installed air bags.

BK39

Reaction score
Yeah, a 2014 F250 CCSB FX4. All the ones I look at people keep telling me that I can't because of the "Pin Weight" every 5ers I look at are heavy and not within my GVWR tow limits. It's so difficult to find a 5er with a large garage to haul my race motorcycles and be within my towing capacity and wanting a good looking somewhat luxury one too..

My dad has a toy hauler and it's phucking massive, Hauls it around with a 2011 CCSB F250. I want to say it's a "voltage" or something like that. triple axle beast. Are your main concerns legal issues, or the truck? Because the truck does great with it. We added air bags, but nothing major.

Edit: I found a pic. Large garage, fits golf cart, 2 dirt bikes, and misc tools, riding gear.......etc.

Attachments

• Pop's trailer.jpg
    Pop's trailer.jpg
    502.1 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:

STRKTHS67

Reaction score
My concern is the legal and the pin weight for the truck. A lot of people keep telling me that I should've gotten a dually vice the SRW.

Mr.BigOil

Reaction score
Pin weight doesn't concern me with my trailer. I load the heaviest quads in the rear and mine is a triple axle. I mainly use the bags to level the truck. Oh, and no garage. I have full floor space.

Latest posts

Members online