2014 cummins or 2015 powerstroke

SickStroke6.0

Reaction score
6.7L Cummins is a piece of junk. The 6.7L Powerstroke is the best current motor available, period. In 2015, they will fix the only issues (turbo failures) and it will be unstoppable.

Steelnc

Reaction score
Before I bought my 6.7 Powerstroke I went to the local dodge dealer and test drove the new ram laramie. 2013 3500 w/cummins. I just wanted to give it a fair shake after reading about all the cummins hype. I did like the truck. Thought the exterior looked good and thought the interior was nice, but small. To me it felt like a 1/2 ton truck. It actually drove pretty good but wasn't too impressed with the power. Seemed pretty sluggish. Fast forward a couple days. I went and test drove the new 6.7 Powerstroke and immediately fell in love. Exterior is equally as nice if not better than Dodge and the interior blows the Dodge away imo. Better layout, better quality, and seems to have more room. Ford definitely has more power and quicker take off than the Dodge. Overall both are of good quality and both are very reliable but I couldn't pass up the Ford after the test drive. It sold itself. In all fairness I've owned several Ford's and zero dodge's until my wife got a 2014 Jeep G.C. I have to say the Jeep is pretty bad azz. Very nice interior and exterior. Oh, and the 5.7 halls ass! Dodge has definitely come a long way but Ford is still king!!

mfoltz

Reaction score
Gave my opinion to your post on the Cummins Forum. That went well...

yea i stop commenting on that forum they werr no help they just kept bashing ford and praising cummins. i dont think they umderstand that the 6.7 is not a 6.0

uga33

Reaction score
yea i stop commenting on that forum they werr no help they just kept bashing ford and praising cummins. i dont think they umderstand that the 6.7 is not a 6.0

This is true. I read over there and other Cummins forums just to get a feel for how the Ram is doing and what they are doing in the future. Most of those guys are extremely hung up on the 6.7 fuel system stigma. Drive them both when they hit the lot and decide. The 6.7 is already a dream to drive. It will only get better with a better charger.

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
Dodge/Rams down fall has always been and continues to be build quality. Yes they come off the lot all nice and tight, but give it a year or two and see how well it holds up. I have see several friends that have switched brands to ford after getting ford work trucks simply due to the fact that they stay squeek and rattle free longer. My last 2 trucks, one with 130,000 miles and my current one with 110,000 miles are still rattle free for the most part and that is with a 50/50 on/off highway driving.

As far as the engines go. Take a look at what a lot of fleet trucks are. A vast majority of service companies switched to dodge and chev after the 6.0 and the 6.4(chatty emississions equipment) due to high warranty claims. Now 90% of the crew trucks are ford. The 6.7psd is a tough engine. The only failure I've ever heard of first hand was ONE turbo failing right at the end of the power train coverage. New turbo was installed and the truck is still running strong with 130,000miles. 120,000 with a tuner.

At the end of the day get what you prefer. But to shy away from the ford because of what a bunch of brand bashers say is really short sighted.

Stroker04

Reaction score
6.7 Cummins are prown to headgasket failure..but every motor/truck has issues. I am a ford guy myself. Just by reading on the improvements they already made to such a great motor my choice would be the 2015 Ford, no doubt.

mfoltz

Reaction score
when i buy one ill look at both but im 90% sure it will be a 15 powerstroke.

Latest posts

Members online