2014 dash warning messages going crazy!! Help!

crat996

Reaction score
I need some help! I've had the truck for almost a year. It had 2900mi when I bought it. It's got 18k on it now. A few weeks ago I stopped to get the mail and the dash started going crazy throwing every warning you could think of. I got back in and all the codes were gone. I figured it was a fluke until last week. It did it again. I let it run for a few minutes and decided to turn it off. It wouldn't start back up right away. After about 20min, it started and I drove straight to the dealer.
They had it for 2 days, cleared all the codes and couldn't replicate it. They said the codes were U codes and not real codes?? The next morning it did the same thing again. I took it back and after 3 days, they said they could only think that my AMP Powersteps were the cause. They disconnected the steps and wanted to keep it for a few more days. I said no and picked it back up. It made it 2 days and I got the codes again.

Has anyone ever heard of this or experienced it? I've attached a video of the messages. https://youtu.be/NtFhzuJ7HrU

sootie

Reaction score
of course the dealer will point to anything aftermarket...smh.

U codes are pcm communication codes. First thing i would do is check all the pcm wiring harness connections. Sometime they will come unclipped and cause intermittent signal loss.

c63 AMG

Reaction score
I was reading about an electrical connector by the E-brake that gets loose which will cause a symptom like you described.

Billy T.
[email protected]

Saw that thread as well week or so ago. Would look into this. Guy said you have to get down and really look for the plug its tucked up there.

Sent from my banana using Tapatalk

O4ep3civ

Reaction score
Weird, updated the tunes in my truck the other day. The tuner itself didn't have the latest firmware. When the tune was about to finish loading to the truck it failed and my dash did the same exact thing. Updated the tuner firmware and reloaded the tune with no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

niklid05

Reaction score
I had the same issue. Took it to the dealer and they couldnt figure it out. It happened again about 2 months later. Started wiggling and pushing plugs under the dash while holding the key in the start position.

Finally started but i dont know what plug it was as i was doing it blindly while holding the key, but it was over towards the kick panel somewhere up in there. It kept saying faults for everything and the gauges completely died, but it kept running all the way to the ford dealership at home 2 hours away. I took it to the dealer and hasnt happened since. This happened this past labor day. They never figured anything out. So i dont know if i pushed the plug in and its holding or what happened... good luck.

jvgviper1

Reaction score
There is a large bundle of wires that are connected with a gray and black large connector near the parking brake. You need to forcefully push on both ends and if you feel or hear a click then it was loose. This is a problem and ford has relocated this bundle on the newest model.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.