2014 Diesel Power Challenge...Whose entering

swinky

Reaction score
One of our 6.0s would of had better luck than that 7.3. Ohh well good luck guys.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Wayne

Reaction score
I know JD didn't officially make it, but I strongly suspect a last minute audible when another Ford can't make it (seems like it happens almost every year) for one reason or another, and he gets thrown in at the last minute if he's able. That's the beauty of being local and ready, just like Clausen in '12. That's just me thinking out loud; not prophesying or anything.

JDub

Reaction score
ive seen shilos truck in person, its nasty on the dyno, never heard of it being on the track or anything else so it should be interesting to see

601442_319044654909001_1028651790_n.jpg

mattman347

Reaction score
Well I'm a little bummed I did not make it with my 7.3...lol. Good luck to all the ford camp, let's bring it home again this year!!!!

dieselpower

Reaction score
Isn't the racing bracket though? Fastest truck doesn't necessarily mean a win...

IMO, that light truck / high hp is really only beneficial on the dyno and maybe mpg. Fords are heavy beasts, and don't typically win the dyno event...yet if I recall correctly, they hold the mph and e.t. records in the trailer tow. Where is that light of truck / high hp really going to benefit him?

Sled pull, no...mpg and dyno, yes...anything to do with a trailer, no...drag racing, not really (bracket racing)...just my .02, I may be completely wrong here.

Last edited:

swinky

Reaction score
It's not bracket. That truck will be very strong in mpg, drag, dyno and could do well in all trailer events if he can drive.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

dieselpower

Reaction score
Last edited:

dsberman94

Reaction score
I honestly think it's gonna be too light for the trailer tow challenges. He will be able to do an awesome job at parking with the shirt wheel base but won't move it off the line. Also not heavy enough for sled pull. Weight= traction when hooked to a sled. Too much power in a light truck and it's not going as far as a heavier, longer wheelbase truck.
The weight and length doesn't matter on a dyno. Atleast as far as I know or can deduce. Dyno is straight hp and torque. Weight and in turn length are going to matter on a drag strip only for these tests I believe. It's gonna win the dyno as we all know already. No guesses there. I'm sure it will have the drag races too but surely it will lack elsewhere in the challenges.

Posted from ***itville, USA

Last edited:

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
It's not bracket. That truck will be very strong in mpg, drag, dyno and could do well in all trailer events if he can drive.

actually its rounds, but very similar and VERY unforgiving to high hp trucks.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Jared, still game for me buying your truck for $1 for the challenge next year? Lolololololol.

Then you can buy it back for the same dollar?

Posted from ***itville, USA

swinky

Reaction score
actually its rounds, but very similar and VERY unforgiving to high hp trucks.

Right. It's bracket style like in sports. Not bracket drag racing. That makes sense though. I always thought it was fastest pass takes the W

jdgleason

Reaction score
I know JD didn't officially make it, but I strongly suspect a last minute audible when another Ford can't make it (seems like it happens almost every year) for one reason or another, and he gets thrown in at the last minute if he's able. That's the beauty of being local and ready, just like Clausen in '12. That's just me thinking out loud; not prophesying or anything.

I actually thought about that tonight. God that would be wonderful if it happened.

Super08Duty

Reaction score
Looks like a bunch of trucks will be running spray just to spool their compounds...

Sorry you didn't make the cut JD. Was really hoping to see your truck make it in. Good luck to the rest of you fellas.

Looks like custom auto will be very busy during this competition.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
ive seen shilos truck in person, its nasty on the dyno, never heard of it being on the track or anything else so it should be interesting to see

yeah, I don't think it has ever seen the track or sled. I have a feeling driver error is going to play big with him. Congrats and good luck to Ryan and Dan

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.