2014 F350 Random Anti Theft Issue

dsmracing1

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a 2014 F350 with a factory anti theft alarm that keeps going off randomly. All of my doors are properly shut and my hood is shut too so I don't know whats going on. I will lock the truck with the key fob and then confirm that its locked and the horn beeps once. Sometimes it will beep twice when confirming that the alarm is activated and that seems to be the problem. I believe when the horn beeps twice it thinks there is a door or hood open and then the alarm seems to go off 5-10 minutes later. Sometimes even when the horn only beeps once, its like it will then enter the mode as if it thinks the doors or hood is open by itself. Anybody have any insight or have the same issue?? Is there any settings or a certain mode my truck is in? Do I have a bad door or hood sensor? It is an intermittent issue and I have a feeling the stealership isn't going to find anything wrong or be able to recreate it when they actually take the time to look at it. I am in a very wet climate right now too and it only seems to do this when I visit where my parents live where its constantly raining most days...

Cheers, Cam.

dsmracing1

Reaction score
Well for anyone that was wondering, hood switches going bad Is somewhat common and will make your alarm go off at 3am lol. 25 dollar switch and covered under warranty....

Latest posts

Members online