2014 Ford Super Duty

bad12jr

Reaction score
I love my 5spd in my obs but nothing I've ever been in will touch the bts 4r shifting wise. I believe. 7 spd with a double od would sell but not well enough for ford to make money. Now say they did like dodge or Chevy and offer a package deal like Chrysler does with jeeps. They have the truck kit you just gotta install it. I think a warranty/ factory backed manual conversion would be a good option.

Sent from my x2 somewhere

early99powerstroke

Reaction score
Ram has just upgraded their trucks a $hit load... stronger frame redesign, stronger axles, big single radius arms, stronger transmission, 850torq rating for the cummins. I sure hope ford has something up their sleeves to counter this.

Manytoys

Reaction score
I hope they don't cause I just bought a 2012 yesterday and I will be sad sack if they come out with a ECM flash for mo power on the 2013 that I could have ordered!! But I also hope they do to keep the cummtards from talking s**t !!

TyCorr

Reaction score
People really talk that much shti? The worst thing I ever experienced was some dip**** in a old duramax. He was poking fun at my lifted 00 and didn't know I could hear him. He proceeded to tell me how the new duramaxes have 500hp. Couple days later I saw him at a fuel station and pulled in driving the 12 dmax. He was gawking and then he recognized me. I gave him a ride and explained that ALL the diesel trucks are good for something and brand wars are pretty retarded. It's pretty irrelevant when you start modding as anything can be overcome with enough cash and ideas.

Jason

Reaction score
People really talk that much shti? The worst thing I ever experienced was some dip**** in a old duramax. He was poking fun at my lifted 00 and didn't know I could hear him. He proceeded to tell me how the new duramaxes have 500hp. Couple days later I saw him at a fuel station and pulled in driving the 12 dmax. He was gawking and then he recognized me. I gave him a ride and explained that ALL the diesel trucks are good for something and brand wars are pretty retarded. It's pretty irrelevant when you start modding as anything can be overcome with enough cash and ideas.

You're such a deep, free thinking person, Tyronius....

powerSmokin

Reaction score
Ford will not change their motor setup just for the fact it would be millions wasted on their part on the 6.7 motor they built from scratch. I believe they will bloom off of that design and continue to tweak and make it better and more reliable.

It wouldn't be smart for them to change again considering they would have to adapt another new engine design to more emissions crap.

17BLKplat

Reaction score
I want to see the Atlas interior, 6.7L diesel making 500hp/1000tq, and a new cab that has some updated lines and put the newest Ram and Chebby offerings back where they belong... The used lot lol
But honestly, Ford has their work cut out for them. I'm more impressed with Ram than GM's new update. Ram really is trying to gain ground and did some nice updates all around. I still think (like the Atlas reveal itself) Ford has a few tricks up it's sleeve that will make us all proud Ford owners again.

On edit... Here's my best look into the future too:
Ford has a significant redesign coming:
A) F150 tow mirrors are now the same as SD, I personally think Ford might be cleaning inventory of them, or, they are hands down the best mirrors out so why not use them.
B) The new 650s are now using the 08-12 dash core. Once again, I think they're cleaning inventory here too so they don't lose out on what may have been made already.

Complete speculation. But just some things I noticed Ford shuffling around.

Last edited:

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Ok I've posted about this before but was wondering if anyone had any new information. Chevy has a new boxed chassis, wider leaf springs, beefed up rear axle, beefed up front suspension, and reported to have new interior by 2014. Now ram has an updated torque converter, bigger transmission cooler, retuned 6.7 cummins, and now with spy photos showing that they are going to a single large control arm like the super duty. I'm a die hard ford loyalists but been a little dissapointed with the super duty. The frame and axles haven't changed that much since 1999 except for the change from leaf springs to coil spring and the front grille changes. Yes I know the motor and transmission has changed drastically. But I'm curious if anyone has any inside news of what FORD is doing to take on competition?

Did not read the rest of the thread, but there's a reason why Ford never changed it... because ford makes bulletproof suspension and drivetrain. The other 2 (dodge & chevy) are merely catching up finally.... although I'm sure in practice they still wont have as durable suspension as ford.

Latest posts

Members online