2015 3rd gear bog?

cappa

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else has noticed a slight bog accelerating out of a corner in 3rd gear before it downshifts? Truck is completely stock 2015 with 6500km on it. I am thinking about ******** it soon just want to make sure it's solid before I do, this recent bog has me paranoid. Only does it once in a while under moderate accel in 3rd. Wondering if it could be egr related and a ****** would clear things up?

Last edited:

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else has noticed a slight bog accelerating out of a corner in 3rd gear before it downshifts? Truck is completely stock 2015 with 6500km on it. I am thinking about ******** it soon just want to make sure it's solid before I do, this recent bog has me paranoid. Only does it once in a while under moderate accel in 3rd. Wondering if it could be egr related and a ****** would clear things up?

The 3rd gear shifting and lockup scheduling for the 2015 trucks from the factory isn't quite ideal, IMO. The converter locks too early and causes what you've described here.

cappa

Reaction score
Ok that makes me feel a little better about it. So a good tranny tune should get rid of this then. Now all I need to wait for its some feedback on the ******* tunes and I can pull the trigger, thanks.

Latest posts

Members online