2015 6.7 DPF delete questions

sixpointoh03

Reaction score
I recently purchased a 2015 6.7 for my business and have been trying to convince my business partners that we should do a DPF delete on the truck. Could someone tell me the problems that leaving the DPF on could cause i have seen some people said that it can cause oil dilution. I was just wondering what else would be the benefit of deleting the DPF so I could explain it to my business partners.

Thank you

Jomax

Reaction score
I'd personally leave it stock. They are reliable in stock form. Keep the warranty being it's used for making money.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

sixpointoh03

Reaction score
My main reason for wanting to do the delete is because i do a lot of sitting and letting the truck idle and was worried about plugging the DPF up. It seems when it cleans the DPF it takes about 30 miles and a lot of days I don't really drive that many miles. Is there any way on these trucks to do forced regen while the truck is parked?

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
If you are not worried about warranty I would delete the truck right away.

Pros

More power better MPG and better reliability.

Con

No warranty

If Ford could get the 6.7 running so clean to pass emissions testing without EGR and DPF etc I bet they would do it instantly LOL.

sixpointoh03

Reaction score
If you are not worried about warranty I would delete the truck right away.

Pros

More power better MPG and better reliability.

Con

No warranty

If Ford could get the 6.7 running so clean to pass emissions testing without EGR and DPF etc I bet they would do it instantly LOL.

On these trucks if I had a issue and returned it completely back to stock would the dealer be able to tell. I had a 2003 6.0 that was in the shop all the time and i would just return it to stock before taking it in and they never questioned it being tuned. I got 2 trannys and multiple sets of injectors covered under warranty

sixpointoh03

Reaction score
And you sleep peacefully at night?

Sure do because the tuner was always set on the lowest setting and I never drove the truck hard hard so I don't really think that it being tuned was the cause of all the problems. I've had a 7.3, 6.0, and two 6.4's they were all tuned when i had them and the 6.0 was the only one I ever had to put in the shop, honestly I think it was a lemon.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
If you are going to depend on warranty I wouldn't tune the truck keep it in stock form LOL.

If you don't care about warranty tune the truck.

Ford knows what parts break in stock form.

Ford also knows if the truck was tuned and was returned to stock before it was brought in.. and most likely will get your warranty denied.

Ford increased tuner detection after the 6.0's and 6.4's some will store a code if its tuned and IDS is put on it.

"P167F - Non-OEM Calibration Detected"

ftast350

Reaction score
Try and find a dealership or make buddies with the diesel tech and you got a 50/50 chance of keeping your warranty. Just by talking to service and the tech at my local dealer They will push a little harder for me to get it covered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
A business truck deleted is a BAD idea. Spend the mod money on the extended warranty, buy locking fuel and DEF caps, buy an aftermarket fuel/water separator, and pray your employees don't do stupid stuff with the truck.

The worst issues I can see for the future are contaminated fuel or DEF. Ford just walks away from the warranty.

Latest posts

Members online