2015 all stock boost issue.

cranky1

Reaction score
My 2015 has been making a whistle sound from 8-13 PSi. So I locked it into 6th pulling around 3000 lbs, when i hold the gas to the floor it slowly builds boost then hangs around 10-12 pounds for about 3-4 seconds then goes from there. The truck is all stock and the whistle appeared about 2000 miles ago. Possibly a boost leak? Need opinions and the truck is still under warranty.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Check your exhaust manifolds. Get a mirror back there, you should be able to see soot under the heat shields. Pretty common for them to break one or both rear studs on either manifold.

cranky1

Reaction score
Thank you, I had a dealer look at it. They drove 1/2 a mile and said nothing was wrong... am halfway looking at dodges, I have 3 buddies that are cummins certified on big trucks.

bdm1981

Reaction score
Thank you, I had a dealer look at it. They drove 1/2 a mile and said nothing was wrong... am halfway looking at dodges, I have 3 buddies that are cummins certified on big trucks.
Thats a step backwards. I wouldn't trade your truck for a cummins just because you have a little issue with your truck. Me personally take it to another dealer for a second opinion. From the way it sounds it is just a minor problem that can be fixed. More than likely it is what 6.0 Tech just told you. I've seen quite a few of these trucks do the same thing he just mentioned. Just my opinion...

cranky1

Reaction score
I'll get in there and look once it cools down, the motor makes more noise when it's hot. I'm just frustrated after averaging 13nog over 190 miles with a rzr on a 6X12. Trailer. It did much better with 5000 miles on the of then it does now with 15k. It's a rclb 4X4 with 3.31 gears.

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score

Go back to the dealer and take the tech or service manager for a ride, you driving, and try to bring the problem up then. Or find a new dealer where the service people give a sh!t and want to help you.

Latest posts

Members online