2015 f-250, electrical and shifting problems

ghohouston

Reaction score
My boss has a 2015 f-250, and it has 2 ongoing issues. First issue, the instrument cluster goes completely dead, along with the gauges, like you turned the key off, then they will come right back. It'll happen 25-30 times on his 30ish mile drive to work. I've checked some grounds, but had no luck so far. Second issue, sitting in drive at idle, foot on brake, the truck will shift to 3rd, then to 5th and 6th gear, and lurch forward. The truck has spent 2 weeks at Ford, and they have yet to figure either issue out. I talked to my fleet manager, and he said there was another 15 model with the same shifting issue, and Ford replaced a switch or something like that on the transmission, and it supposedly fixed it. Has anyone encountered either of these issues, or have a fix? I no longer have access to I.D.S. so kinda left in the dark here, other than an outdated scanner.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
He doesnt have a tire size fooler on it by any chance does he? The only one ive had that the cluster would die randomly as much as you are saying had a procomp tire size deal plugged in it. Dont know if that would screw with the shifting though. Do you know if it is actually shifting while stopped? Or is it just the indicator jumping?

ghohouston

Reaction score
Truck is bone stock, even factory tires. They retrained the tpms sensors and dropped pressure from 80 to 70. The tpms light is also back on. The truck is actually running through the gears, you feel it lurch and hear a driveline clunk.

JRLott

Reaction score
Easiest fix would probably be a for sale sign...as in tell Ford to shove it up their posteriors and give you a new truck.

jvgviper1

Reaction score
Electrical problem could be main wire connector near parking brake is black and gray with many wires connecting. You need to forcefully push the two connectors together to make sure its tight. Some have had this problem. It may help the shifting problem also if your lucky

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.