2015 F250 deleted and tuned 5" exhaust vs. 4" review

W219cls55

Reaction score
Ok.. My setup was a 5" full flo pro exhaust with the 33" magnaflow muffler and I felt that it wasn't that responsive whatsoever. The way I describe it is loud like a dog that barks but never bites. In my opinion it was nice sounding but the drone drove me a little ip the wall. So, since the flo pro exhaust pipe that connects to the oem downpipe is a 4" I decided to put anither 4" muffler on it. So it goes from a 4" muffler to a 5" muffler and I can literaly say that throttle response is about 20-30% better. Mpg also went up in the city according to the onboard computer.(havent checked by hand). IThe only reason I decided to add another muffler was because it was cheaper than ordering a whole new exhaust. I can say that I regret not going with 4" from the get go butI like this too because it's a sleeper with a nice purr at mid to full throttle. Ps. No Rick Flare scream anymore but it runs better.

Captaincworley

Reaction score
You shouldn't have the Rick Flair scream with your 15' regardless of the exhaust as there is no wastegate to make the sound. I have the 5" Flopro and don't have the drone that a lot of people talk about, But then again I know that everyone's take on it is different. I fought it with my old Tundra and went through 5 exhausts before I finally got rid of it. I like my 5" but then again I've never tried a 4" so I can't say that I may or may not like it better!
What muffler did you add to it?

Charles

W219cls55

Reaction score
You shouldn't have the Rick Flair scream with your 15' regardless of the exhaust as there is no wastegate to make the sound. I have the 5" Flopro and don't have the drone that a lot of people talk about, But then again I know that everyone's take on it is different. I fought it with my old Tundra and went through 5 exhausts before I finally got rid of it. I like my 5" but then again I've never tried a 4" so I can't say that I may or may not like it better!
What muffler did you add to it?

Charles
Oh, lol on the Rick Flair. Well, if you ever want to quiet it down a bit just add the 4" muffler. With my experience it's better overall. I read somewhere on here that 5" is good for 580+ (Or something close to that)hp and 4" is good for hp below that. I believe that to have some validity due to my experience. Bottom line I'm really happy I added that 4".

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Your 580 number is way, way off. 4" flows enough for 1000hp all day long. It's been done for years. 5" is really nothing but looks and sound.

Latest posts

Members online